This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is water the best type in Pokemon?

#11wahaha911Posted 4/1/2013 8:20:14 AM
SherinBinuR posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
I've always wondered this. They seem to get all kinds of advantages. Nearly every water type knows ice moves in addition to their water stuff, they get the best weather in the game, and there are so many of them.

Not to mention they get freakin Scald.

I used to consider steel as the best type, but now I'm not so sure.

psychic pokemons are the best.

They were the best and stop gen wunning this is no longer gen1
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#12MasajubPosted 4/1/2013 8:24:53 AM
Maybe if Steel didn't exist.
#13Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:35:51 AM
SherinBinuR posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
I've always wondered this. They seem to get all kinds of advantages. Nearly every water type knows ice moves in addition to their water stuff, they get the best weather in the game, and there are so many of them.

psychic pokemons were the best.

Fixed that for you sir.
#14Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:37:03 AM
SherinBinuR posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

psychic pokemons were the best.

Fixed that for you, sir or madam.
#15ShadowPhoenix81Posted 4/1/2013 10:52:06 AM
Water is neither the best offensive typing (Fighting and dragon are better), nor the best defensive typing (steel is). However, it's the best overall typing, as it's rather good both defensively and offensively; the only common weakness it has is electric, and that's easily mitigated with the use of other Pokemon
---
AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 GHz| PNY GTX 460 | 4 GB Adata 1600 MHz RAM | Corsair TX650 | ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | NZXT Apollo Black
#16Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:53:25 AM
ShadowPhoenix81 posted...
Water is neither the best offensive typing (Fighting and dragon are better), nor the best defensive typing (steel is). However, it's the best overall typing, as it's rather good both defensively and offensively; the only common weakness it has is electric, and that's easily mitigated with the use of other Pokemon

I guess Water is the Jack of all Trades of pokemon types?
#17Archwing3441Posted 4/1/2013 10:56:57 AM
possibly, they do only have 2 weakness, with 1 of them being rarely use for type coverage (grass) while resisting the important fire and ice (and steal and water) while offensively, it is super effective against fire, ground, and rock and being one of 5 types that hit steal for not resistant. Overall, they are well balanced, have many support, having access to the best weather along with the most support for it, and just having good pokemon in the type, the might be. Also, most of them come with an ice based attack, so they can knock down one of it's competitors, dragon, down while being probably taking neutral damage from anything the dragon can give.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#18noname2lazyPosted 4/1/2013 10:58:24 AM
It's only because Drizzle exist that makes them so good. Also Scald.
#19iKhanicPosted 4/1/2013 11:47:01 AM
Yeah it pretty much is. It's strong against 3 of the most common attacking types. Resists two of the most common attacking types, it only has two weaknesses, one of which is rare, and the other of which is one of the worst types in the game.

Water is a clearly broken type that needs to be nerfed in gen 6
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#20Pendragon71037Posted 4/1/2013 11:51:47 AM
Not to mention that, along with everything else in the topic stated already, they have the most pokemon, srsly, water is the most common type out there (makes a bit of sense, but Normal as most common would make more)
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.