This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the pokemon league ever be 'realistic' like the show?

#11KosacVPosted 4/1/2013 12:11:20 PM
In the anime, once you win the tournament, you get to challenge the elite 4.

The anime pokemon league tournament is more like victory road, considering that you need 8 badges to enter either most of the time.
---
This one knows what he's doing...
#12roo10158Posted 4/1/2013 1:21:33 PM
I'd like to see a tournament Pokémon League
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#13KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/1/2013 2:06:35 PM
Wow, I could just imagine the rage of someone who makes it to the end of said tournament only to lose...
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#14Mudkip43Posted 4/1/2013 5:47:50 PM
I always saw Victory Road as the tournament all of the trainers have 8 badges and if you lose you are eliminated or "blacked out"
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#15jschristyPosted 4/1/2013 6:02:09 PM
roo10158 posted...
I'd like to see a tournament Pokémon League

I would as well. Make the E4 post-game.

Have an elimination tournament with your opponents randomly chosen (hell, they could even be selected from different real-world players that are connected via wifi when THEY fight the league as well, but computer controlled). Level could be within a certain range for each "round," with the ability to rest up between "rounds (which could be after a few trainers)." IDK how many rounds there would be.

Or just make it a 16 or 32 round elimination tournament, or modified tournament.
-first few trainer battles are 3v3 (qualifying rounds)
-later it's 6v6 (imagine it like the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 from the NCAA tournament).

Scenarios like this would be more interesting IMO. The whole E4 as part of the story doesn't do it for me anymore. Not enough to keep me from buying and playing, but it's kinda old.
---
SS FC: 1892 3402 3141
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 4/1/2013 6:04:47 PM
Kitschgardener posted...
You already have the PWT, why would you want that?

The PWT trainers are awful. Just sayin'.

*cough*Champions Tournament*cough*
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#17KitschgardenerPosted 4/2/2013 1:26:22 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
You already have the PWT, why would you want that?

The PWT trainers are awful. Just sayin'.

*cough*Champions Tournament*cough*

The Champions are awful.

Lance's team is somehow even worse with all Dragons, including lolspecialFlygon. Steven replaced Skarmory with Archeops (!) and has all physical attacks because no Claydol (just burn them or use a physical wall to win). Cynthia doesn't have bulky Milotic or Gastrodon - lolGlaceon. Blue has no Tyranitar so nobody has autoweather.

Shell Smash Cloyster can solo nearly all of them. Sash it, give it Rock Blast, Icicle Spear and HP Ground (for 'Gross). CounterBond Gengar is amazing too.