This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if Sylveon evolves with a Moon Stone?

#1iKhanicPosted 4/2/2013 8:47:58 AM
I think this would make a lot of sense given its "alien-like" appearance. As for its typing, I still have no idea. Maybe its the one Eeveelution with a gigantic movepool, but its normal type. Or maybe it follows conventional trends and is Flying type. I don't really know.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2JacK_1S_BKPosted 4/2/2013 8:49:59 AM
iKhanic posted...
I don't really know.

Then don't make a topic about it?
---
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior
#3EnferolunosPosted 4/2/2013 8:50:33 AM
It won't. I bet this account on it. At the very least, it won't evolve solely with a moon stone
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/2/2013 8:51:10 AM
Can't happen, because a Moon Stone wouldn't work on Eevee in previous generations. It's why they created the Moss Rock for Leafeon instead of letting Eevee evolve with a Leaf Stone.

And they did retcon the Moon Stone to work on Eevee, it would be for Umbreon.
#5raazychxPosted 4/2/2013 9:19:59 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Can't happen, because a Moon Stone wouldn't work on Eevee in previous generations. It's why they created the Moss Rock for Leafeon instead of letting Eevee evolve with a Leaf Stone.

Not necessarily. The Dawn Stone and the Dusk Stones could be new evolution methods (in addition to the happiness method) for Espeon and Umbreon. The Moonstone could then be left for Sylveon.

And then they could just invent the Ice Stone for Glaceon, while tacking on the Leaf Stone for Leafeon. That'd be handy.

But then again, this is Gamefreak we're dealing with here.
#6KitschgardenerPosted 4/2/2013 9:20:50 AM
If precedent is anything to go by (and it probably isn't), then it'll be a new method rather than a retcon.
#7raazychxPosted 4/2/2013 9:22:18 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
If precedent is anything to go by (and it probably isn't), then it'll be a new method rather than a retcon.

It will probably involve Eevee gaining a level while an Arceus is in the party.
#8EnferolunosPosted 4/2/2013 9:24:51 AM
raazychx posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Not necessarily. The Dawn Stone and the Dusk Stones could be new evolution methods (in addition to the happiness method) for Espeon and Umbreon. The Moonstone could then be left for Sylveon.

And then they could just invent the Ice Stone for Glaceon, while tacking on the Leaf Stone for Leafeon. That'd be handy.

Old Pokemon almost never get new evolutions from old methods. The 2 times it happened were probably accidental/not caring (both were level up with a certain move)
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9Pendragon71037Posted 4/2/2013 9:30:07 AM
Enferolunos posted...
raazychx posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...

Old Pokemon almost never get new evolutions from old methods. The 2 times it happened were probably accidental/not caring (both were level up with a certain move)

Feebas wants a word with you.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#10Hero_Of_RhymePosted 4/2/2013 9:35:17 AM
Oh my sweet God...
Alien type confirmed...
---
I am Team Galactic
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1