This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Triple battles and rotation

#1MalkyeaImbakPosted 4/2/2013 8:01:38 AM
Think they'll be brought back in X/Y?

I actually hope they do and really don't see why they are frowned upon. Its a unique playstyle that deserves their own tier list (some pokemon are made solely for triple and not single)

Would also like a wiiU game that focuses on triple battles similar to how xd focused on doubles. starting 3 pokemon can be (3 eevees of your choice (i'm so picking flareon/jolteon/vaporeon))
#2EnferolunosPosted 4/2/2013 8:03:15 AM
Yes, I expect it
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3Xavier_On_HighPosted 4/2/2013 8:06:08 AM(edited)
I could never get into Triples, but I love Rotation. It's an incredibly defensive metagame and entry hazards are almost useless, so it's a nice change from singles.

So I hope at the very least they bring back Rotation. I expect they'll bring back both, though.

---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#4NomytakerPosted 4/2/2013 9:04:06 AM
Triple battles can come back, but I think it would be nice if you had the option to do a Single or Triple battle with the trainer. Absolutely hated rotation battles, would prefer them not to come back.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
Don't make me HM01 you.
#5MrFingers07Posted 4/2/2013 9:05:37 AM
Absolutely hated rotation battles, would prefer them not to come back.

>:(
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#6ThatKippPosted 4/2/2013 9:13:51 AM
Saying Triples and Rotationals won't return is like saying that Doubles are only in Gen 3.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#7ryudin89Posted 4/2/2013 9:15:02 AM
Nomytaker posted...
Absolutely hated rotation battles, would prefer them not to come back.

Let us rejoice in our hate of rotation battles together.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#8MalkyeaImbak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:20:40 AM
well the difference between gen 3 to gen 4 and gen 5 to gen 6 is the change in graphics. gen 3 to 4 was still sprites so double was easy to incorporate.

But i hope and believe triples will return. I'd be pissed if they don't