This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction if

#1Jrx1Posted 4/2/2013 10:15:33 AM
One day you wake up..come on GameFAQs and ask for IV/EV help. Then realize that nobody knows what the hell IV and EVs are, including GameFreak itself.

Would you try to explain the concept to everyone to make it like it was, use it for your own gain (Be the strongest competitive player due to the knowledge), or completely scrap them too, so no Pokemon Trainer would care for them?

If IVs and EVs future was in your hands like in the situation above, what would you do?
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#2ThatKippPosted 4/2/2013 10:17:55 AM
I would become the best competitive player, then share my knowledge after everyone accuses me of cheating.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#3MrFingers07Posted 4/2/2013 10:18:56 AM
Umm, leave them in

Also I don't really understand the question. So basically no one knows IV/EV exist but it's still in the game? I wonder how it was implemented in the first place by the people who made the game, or how hackers didn't find that data, or how people didn't wonder why their two "identical" Pokemon in the same levels had totally different stats.

Seems weird.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#4patsfan2312Posted 4/2/2013 10:20:03 AM
EV's are fine, except I think they should be diisplayed on the pokemon's stats page. I would completely remove IV's from the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#5Jrx1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 10:24:01 AM
MrFingers07 posted...
Umm, leave them in

Also I don't really understand the question. So basically no one knows IV/EV exist but it's still in the game? I wonder how it was implemented in the first place by the people who made the game, or how hackers didn't find that data, or how people didn't wonder why their two "identical" Pokemon in the same levels had totally different stats.

Seems weird.

The games are already relaesed including Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. They were implemented by GameFreak before they lost their memory one day.

The hackers would also be after the process of "hacking" their game. Their Pokemon would have maxed IVs and EVs, but the players wouldn't be aware of this anymore. When they see the words IV and EVs, they have no clue what does it mean, nor does anyone in the world but you.

It's just erased from existence, and only exists as in-game data.

That's the scenario anyways.
---
~The God of Pokemon!~
#6Toasty_KabalPosted 4/2/2013 10:36:05 AM
Why would I ever ask for EV/IV help on gamefaqs?
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#7KitschgardenerPosted 4/2/2013 10:37:33 AM
#8FuneralCakePosted 4/2/2013 10:38:11 AM
I would wonder why the hell Game Freak doesn't know about something they put in their own game. That's just ridiculous. You don't program something into a game and then just amnesia it out of your mind.

Toasty_Kabal posted...

Also this.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#9Jrx1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 10:38:24 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

Let's make it that, that you're not the best competitive player but posses decent knowledge to expand it, and atleast you're aware of EV/IV existence.
---
~The God of Pokemon!~
#10Seto_RyuPosted 4/2/2013 10:44:08 AM
Leave in EVs. Forget IVs ever existed. Probably would be more fun to take out both though.