This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what if; alternate second types for pokemon, how would you prefer it implemente?

#1paiprPosted 4/2/2013 10:44:17 AM
no if GameFreak decided to do this how would you want them to implement it? - Results (58 votes)
breed with special pokemon, or item
60.34% (35 votes)
ability
3.45% (2 votes)
item that changes system
13.79% (8 votes)
randomly found (or given via event) aka new type is permanent.
20.69% (12 votes)
other
1.72% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
like i said yesterday im gonna be posting these topics over the next couple days. todays is what basically if game freak decided to do alternate types for existing pokemon how would you want them to do it? if you click other, feel free to provide how. and feel free to discuss, lets talk about this.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#2fire_starter05Posted 4/2/2013 11:03:04 AM
Through breeding, easier to get the alternate type that way.
---
This is why Deoxys is uber: http://i.imgur.com/qHEQt
This is a picture of some cute kittens: http://i.imgur.com/wfdOk
#3paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:26:28 AM
With breeding I was thinking maybe we could use the plates. That and either a specific poke (ditto, or perhaps something new).
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#4pokemongamesPosted 4/2/2013 11:29:39 AM
Man.. that would be terrible.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#5paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 12:52:32 PM
pokemongames posted...

how so?
---
#6PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/2/2013 1:49:40 PM
pokemongames posted...

The TCG game did it already, and to great sucess. I don't see how it being different from the norm is bad, because you certianly didn't give any other reason aside from that implication on why it sucks.

Lighting Flying Pidgey? Fire/Grass Ludicolo? Steel/Electric type Raichu? Too good to pass up.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#7pokemongamesPosted 4/2/2013 1:54:02 PM
I guess it'd be okay for a one time gimmick, but I can't see anything good coming from this being a permanent feature.

If done wrong, it could severely break the game.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and I am 100% proud of it.
#8PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/2/2013 2:02:22 PM
pokemongames posted...
I guess it'd be okay for a one time gimmick, but I can't see anything good coming from this being a permanent feature.

If done wrong, it could severely break the game.

The game is already broken. The only thing this would do is widen the available amount of Pokemon from 700+ to 1400+, from the standpoint of counters and such for competetive battling, making it even more unpredictable.

I certianly can't see Pokemon like Magargo getting a Fire/Steel type combo making it any worse. On the other hand, it could take some Pokemon down a notch that need it, but they no one would ever use those as an option anyway so....

In the TCG game it was implied that the Delta Pokemon came from some unknown island being recently explored. They already have something like this with DW Pokes in the games, don't see how it can't be done.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#9ColtCababaPosted 4/2/2013 2:04:39 PM
Como estas? Si si sisisisisisisisisisisisi! Si!
---
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
Movie of the Year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhoepQrxbfc
#10paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:37:48 PM
I think one important thing for something like this is if the opted to do it, they would have to be pretty selective with the types they they let certain Pokemon have.
---