This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The concept of EV's and IV's are a lot like real life...

#21EnferolunosPosted 4/2/2013 1:01:31 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Not really

Yes it does.

Nope
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#22DarkKirby2500Posted 4/2/2013 1:19:50 PM(edited)
Your explanation is avoiding the obvious basis.

IVs are DNA. They even pass on from parent to child to an extent. In real life creatures among the same species are not identical, there are clearly creatures (people included) who are genetically superior to others and clearly creature genetically inferior to others (people included).

EVs are a simulation of "training specific parts of your body".

However realism is no excuse as to why a game is random and completely unfair competitively. Especially a game, partially advertised as something you can play competitively.

It's like if they made it so in Starcraft 2 all Zealots that spawned did slightly different amounts of damage and moved at slightly different speeds. Yeah, that would be realistic, but it would make the game very unfair.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#23WindyligthPosted 4/2/2013 4:41:37 PM
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
IV's stand for Individual Values. They are analogous to "natural talents" that people possess and it's part of what makes each individual unique. They cannot be changed. in order to reach your full potential in that talent or "gift" you need to work hard at it. Practice. Practice. Practice. This is where EV's or Effort Values come in.

So even though IV's aren't fair and seem hard to obtain "perfect" IV's just remember, they represent a concept part of the human condition, and should also be a reminder that life may not be fair, but you should always work at being the best that you can be.

This is...
This is beautiful.

---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#24CakeOfLiesPosted 4/2/2013 4:43:53 PM
Realistic.

Pokemon.

Take your pick.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#25Meta289Posted 4/2/2013 5:34:01 PM
And then you have the Pokemon with 0 IVs across the board, which are like the people who are good for nothing.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.