This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon needs more Dragon-types that look like stereotypical dragons

#31TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/2/2013 1:26:36 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
You people need to get your eyes checked. Like, srsly

long slender body, whiskers, eyebrow shape, spikes on back, vicious fangs, pretty much a chinese dragon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#32Faust_8Posted 4/2/2013 1:44:51 PM
Why doesn't Haxorus look like a stereotypical dragon? Take stereotypical dragon, add axes to its face, take away wings, that's Haxorus.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#33LexifoxPosted 4/2/2013 2:30:08 PM
Gyarados is a combination sea serpent and windsock. Carp/koi are affiliated with windsocks because "koinobori", windsocks that look like the fish, are popular and traditionally flown to celebrate children and hopes that they will grow up well.

kwando1313 posted...
Dragonite doesn't look like a stereotypical dragon. Unless Barney is now a dragon. >_>

It's actually pretty close to a traditional Japanese/Asian dragon, with things like a gentle demeanor and affiliation with water.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#34kwando1313Posted 4/2/2013 2:30:54 PM
Lexifox posted...
Gyarados is a combination sea serpent and windsock. Carp/koi are affiliated with windsocks because "koinobori", windsocks that look like the fish, are popular and traditionally flown to celebrate children and hopes that they will grow up well.

kwando1313 posted...
Dragonite doesn't look like a stereotypical dragon. Unless Barney is now a dragon. >_>

It's actually pretty close to a traditional Japanese/Asian dragon, with things like a gentle demeanor and affiliation with water.

Oh, I see then.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#35MephilasPosted 4/2/2013 2:50:51 PM
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
iKhanic posted...
Right now I'd only count Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, and Rayquaza as fitting that bill.

what about druggigon and that 3 headed hydra thing?

My bad, I forgot Druddigon (I'll edit it in). I couldn't include Hydreigon because its partly based on a hydra, even though it does look like a stereotypical dragon for the most part.

It's not based on the hydra. It's based on Yamata no Orochi.

Which is...more or less....a.......?
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#36LexifoxPosted 4/2/2013 2:52:04 PM
Mephilas posted...
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
iKhanic posted...
Right now I'd only count Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, and Rayquaza as fitting that bill.

what about druggigon and that 3 headed hydra thing?

My bad, I forgot Druddigon (I'll edit it in). I couldn't include Hydreigon because its partly based on a hydra, even though it does look like a stereotypical dragon for the most part.

It's not based on the hydra. It's based on Yamata no Orochi.

Which is...more or less....a.......?

Different creature.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#37UltimaZangetsuPosted 4/2/2013 2:56:07 PM
Lexifox posted...
Care to prove it? The Hydra was aquatic and known for its incredible poison, and Game Freak outright said it's based on the YnO.

Please, do tell me what makes up Hydreigon's English name.
I know it's based on Yamato no Orochi, but it also borrows from the Hydra
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#38LexifoxPosted 4/2/2013 3:22:17 PM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Lexifox posted...
Care to prove it? The Hydra was aquatic and known for its incredible poison, and Game Freak outright said it's based on the YnO.

Please, do tell me what makes up Hydreigon's English name.
I know it's based on Yamato no Orochi, but it also borrows from the Hydra

Explain how this decides what it's based on.
---
#39iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:29:13 PM(edited)
Faust_8 posted...
Why doesn't Haxorus look like a stereotypical dragon? Take stereotypical dragon, add axes to its face, take away wings, that's Haxorus.

Find me a picture of a dragon that doesn't have a tapered "lizard-like" snout, and I'll believe you.

Edit: and Ken Sugimori already said its based on a dinosaur.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#40LexifoxPosted 4/2/2013 3:27:41 PM
iKhanic posted...
Faust_8 posted...

Find me a picture of a dragon that doesn't have a tapered "lizard-like" snout, and I'll believe you.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:612Haxorus.png
---