This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would YOU have Charizard's typing be?

#11Human-BeanPosted 4/2/2013 6:05:19 PM
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon.

He's clearly designed based on a dragon, and its a far better typing with unresisted STAB coverage from Fire Blast and Draco Meteor (Heatran only resists it because of Flash Fire). Give it a White-Herb and its a boss of a sweeper.

lol wut it has to have 50% increase in all its stats and, wonder guard as an ability to be remotely useful. Better than Regice at the most.
#12LexifoxPosted 4/2/2013 6:06:53 PM
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon.

He's clearly designed based on a dragon, and its a far better typing with unresisted STAB coverage from Fire Blast and Draco Meteor (Heatran only resists it because of Flash Fire). Give it a White-Herb and its a boss of a sweeper.

Then why wouldn't it be a Dragon-type? That's just silly.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13scraadinPosted 4/2/2013 6:18:37 PM
That's like saying Flygon should be Bug/Flying. Or Stunfisk should be Water/Electric.

I like Charizard as a Fire/Flying type.
---
The answer to "Why not?" is always Wobbuffet.
#14iKhanicPosted 4/2/2013 6:24:30 PM
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon.

Then why wouldn't it be a Dragon-type? That's just silly.

Why is Flygon a Dragon-type when its clearly not designed to be a dragon?

Why isn't Gyarados a Dragon-type when its clearly based on a Chinese dragon. And don't give me some crap about it "losing its dragon status" because no one has given a legitimate source saying that's part of the legend.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#15LexifoxPosted 4/2/2013 6:25:45 PM
iKhanic posted...

Dragonfly/sand dragon. Pun.

Why isn't Gyarados a Dragon-type when its clearly based on a Chinese dragon. And don't give me some crap about it "losing its dragon status" because no one has given a legitimate source saying that's part of the legend.

Because it's based on a sea serpent and "koinobori", which are windsocks.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16iKhanicPosted 4/2/2013 6:27:08 PM
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...

Dragonfly/sand dragon. Pun.

Because it's based on a sea serpent and "koinobori", which are windsocks.

Are you actually suggesting that Charizard and Gyarados aren't based on dragons? You have to be blind not to see that.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17Toasty_KabalPosted 4/2/2013 6:34:01 PM
Water/Dragon and Fire/Dragon would have no weaknesses in gen one due to the lack of normally damaging dragon moves. Gyarados and Charizard aren't dragon type at least partially because of balancing issues in gen one.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#18CakeOfLiesPosted 4/2/2013 6:35:09 PM
Toasty_Kabal posted...
Water/Dragon and Fire/Dragon would have no weaknesses in gen one due to the lack of normally damaging dragon moves. Gyarados and Charizard aren't dragon type at least partially because of balancing issues in gen one.

Why wouldn't Rock and Ground hurt Fire/Dragon?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#19TorchIightPosted 4/2/2013 6:38:39 PM
Fire/Dragon
#20iKhanicPosted 4/2/2013 6:41:07 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Toasty_Kabal posted...

Why wouldn't Rock and Ground hurt Fire/Dragon?

I think he means that they would have unresisted STAB coverage, because that's what all dragon types had in gen 1. Dragon was originally designed to be an OP typing, and they didn't want to give it to anything but the Pseudo-legendaries
---