This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it best to evolve a Pokemon ASAP?

#11MasajubPosted 4/3/2013 9:51:41 AM
Usually its fine to evolve early but you should always check on an online Pokedex on whether or not they will miss out on learning moves. This is especially true in stone evolutions for example. You won't be able to fix it later.

And while EV's are changeable, its a lot easier to get it right the first time. If you are using these Pokemon to progress through the game though, its pretty much impossible to track EVs.
#12jayman7Posted 4/3/2013 9:56:41 AM(edited)
Estheimaster posted...
And they stats are much more important than the slower leveling up- I'd rather have a Lv 20 Alakazam than a Lv 25 Kadabra.

Especially since there is no slower leveling up at all.

For the record, you'll see higher Little Plus Numbers if you evolve early, but don't worry about that - LPNs don't matter. So, as others have stated, go ahead and evolve late if there's a move you can't get (or can't conveniently get) any other way - though otherwise it's more beneficial in the short term to evolve sooner than later.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13nro87Posted 4/3/2013 9:55:55 AM
Maximoom posted...
Arcanine is a perfect example of why you shouldnt evolve asap.

Not really. Stone Evolutions are different from other methods. Pokémon that evolve through stones usually have almost no level-up moves. Pokémon that evolve other ways usually (not always) have the same moves as their prevolutions, just at higher levels.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 4/3/2013 10:04:16 AM
Maximoom posted...
Arcanine is a perfect example of why you shouldnt evolve asap.

Why not Breloom or Togekiss?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.