This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever found a Perfect 31 IVs across the board Pokemon?

#51pokemon2pokerPosted 4/4/2013 12:38:05 AM
Closest I got was an Axew I hatched.

Adamant
Mold Breaker
31 31 31 30 31 31
---
Pocket deuces will carry me through
#52KitschgardenerPosted 4/4/2013 1:13:47 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
The crit rates and accuracy actually do get more and more biased as you get more and more streaks, that's not even an opinion,it's been proven true by all the people who made it into the hundreds

Source?

Have you ever gotten into the hundreds?

>_> That's anecdotal not a source... If we know the details of the Subway trainers, Pokémon, EV and IV spreads, etc. there should be a concrete figure somewhere regarding any computer crit/accuracy buffs.

People have lied about "Subway hax" before (including on GameFAQs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-/58926707) so I wouldn't say stuff without hard evidence.

I'll have to check, but I'm fairly certain my shiny that the B/W Champion's nephew(forgot both their names) gives you was perfect.

Benga's Pokémon have random IVs, so if so that's quite a discovery.
#53Decon082Posted 4/4/2013 1:31:44 AM
wackyteen posted...
Cynthia's have perfect IVs?
This is news to me.

I had Cynthia's Lv 78 Garchomp survive a Life Orb boosted Ice Beam from a Lv. 72 Floatzel.

That's ~123 base power before adding in the 4x multiplier.

I can believe it.

In the Cynthia fight in Diamond and Pearl (not sure if it's the same in Platinum), her Milotic can survive an Energy Ball from my level 100 Modest Rayquaza. I know Milotic has a ton of Special Defense, but still, that's just insane...

I have no idea what my EVs and IVs are though, because I trained it long before I knew about EV training.

And to answer the question, no, not that I know of. Though I rarely check IVs of anything I catch, so I could have had something close to all 31s. But of stuff I've used, I'd say the closest is two or three 31s on some stuff I've bred.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#54SerperiorThanUPosted 4/4/2013 2:57:43 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Kitschgardener posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
The crit rates and accuracy actually do get more and more biased as you get more and more streaks, that's not even an opinion,it's been proven true by all the people who made it into the hundreds

Source?

Have you ever gotten into the hundreds?

>_> That's anecdotal not a source... If we know the details of the Subway trainers, Pokémon, EV and IV spreads, etc. there should be a concrete figure somewhere regarding any computer crit/accuracy buffs.

People have lied about "Subway hax" before (including on GameFAQs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-/58926707) so I wouldn't say stuff without hard evidence.

This is from Smogon, which the record holders have testified to and from where most of the sources come from. It's been known for a long time that the RNG go against you once you get into the hundreds.
#55KitschgardenerPosted 4/4/2013 3:14:34 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

This is from Smogon, which the record holders have testified to and from where most of the sources come from. It's been known for a long time that the RNG go against you once you get into the hundreds.

I'm assuming you're talking about the records on the Orange Islands section of the forums. That you can't provide a link to any evidence makes this about as proven as that "Donphan-used-Metronome" nonsense. And, no, someone saying "I lost to a crit" isn't proof of an increased critical hit rate on the AI's part.

wackyteen posted...
Floatzel

Unless you EV trained Floatzel in Sp. Atk. (lol) and it has a Sp.Atk+ nature, Garchomp can survive a Life Orb Ice Beam from it without investment. And that's not a credible method to verify IVs. I believe recent Champions have all 30s in their IVs, but don't quote me on that.
#56darkus_fPosted 4/4/2013 3:26:08 AM
Yes I have, loads, through RNGing.

If even the creators of the game say that it isn't cheating then it isn't and I have no reason to care about the opinion and butthurt of others. It's my game, I play it the way I want to.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PS3 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fave Five: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Orton
#57PBustedPosted 4/4/2013 4:12:12 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Kitschgardener posted...

I'm assuming you're talking about the records on the Orange Islands section of the forums. That you can't provide a link to any evidence makes this about as proven as that "Donphan-used-Metronome" nonsense. And, no, someone saying "I lost to a crit" isn't proof of an increased critical hit rate on the AI's part.

wackyteen posted...
Floatzel

Unless you EV trained Floatzel in Sp. Atk. (lol) and it has a Sp.Atk+ nature, Garchomp can survive a Life Orb Ice Beam from it without investment. And that's not a credible method to verify IVs. I believe recent Champions have all 30s in their IVs, but don't quote me on that.

Do you even know what you're talking about? All you have to do is use a save editor or even the catch trainer's Pokemon AR code to see that Cynthia has flawless Pokemon. Or are you trolling?
#58KitschgardenerPosted 4/4/2013 5:00:26 AM

Do you even know what you're talking about? All you have to do is use a save editor or even the catch trainer's Pokemon AR code to see that Cynthia has flawless Pokemon. Or are you trolling?

As I said, don't quote me on the all 30s thing - I don't hack but those who do seem to get different results eg. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/49493764

"League Champion"-type encounter Garchomp (i.e. Cynthia's) on Pokécheck tend to have various IV combinations. I'm not sure what to think.
#59PBustedPosted 4/4/2013 5:03:13 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

As I said, don't quote me on the all 30s thing - I don't hack but those who do seem to get different results eg. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/49493764

"League Champion"-type encounter Garchomp (i.e. Cynthia's) on Pokécheck tend to have various IV combinations. I'm not sure what to think.

That guy was a liar, either that or he miscalculated them (dumb since there's an iv checker code). You can pay 20 bucks to check it out yourself
#60RPCShadowclawPosted 4/4/2013 6:49:19 AM
SerperiorThanU posted...
Absolutezero93 posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
The chance of finding a perfect 31 IV Pokemon just randomly is 1 in 887503681, that's like 100,000 times rarer than a shiny.

Did you just pull those numbers directly out of your ass? Why am I asking, of course you did.

What? 31^6 was that number. There is a 1 in 8192 chance of a shiny. 887503681 is approximately 100,000 times more than 8192. Did you fail first grade math or something? Why are the amount of terrible trolls posting more and more on this board?

Actually the odds would be 32^6. There is a chance of getting 0 IVs in a stat.
So it's 1 in 1,073,741,824 which is exactly 131,072 times harder than getting a shiny.

Using items and good breeding, you can guarantee a 31 from each parent at least, so drop those odds to 31^4 or 1,048,576.

If you strike it lucky and get that third randomly inherited IV as a 31, the odds for the remaining 3 IVs being maxed fall to 32,768 or 4 times higher than a Shiny.

So theoretically, for every 4 Shiny babies you should have one Perfect one. Sadly theory and reality don't often mix but happy hatching anyway