This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who play showdown and all

#21Lone_HunterPosted 4/3/2013 12:56:39 PM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Why do you bother buying these games and play them if you only boast your battles over a pirate site?

And why are people still following smogon, while most battles occur via random wifi?

Because random WiFi is wack. I dont use Showdown or PO I play pure Kart.
---
~Elite Divided Guild Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
FC: (W)1249-2194-5577 (W2)2924-7521-0718
#22SerperiorThanUPosted 4/3/2013 9:47:16 PM
discodancer77 posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
TC is a troll. Don't feed him

He's not a troll and he's not trolling. He's a regular poster on the boards, and legit question

*looks at sig*

rofl, ok then
#23p4r6g6Posted 4/3/2013 9:56:22 PM
I but the games for a few reasons:

1. The actual game offers a lot a battle sim doesn't include (exploration, collecting, a story, etc). A lot of people brought up this point already.

2. I don't think people should use Showdown if they don't have the game. Showdown was mad to enhance the game, not to make people quit playing it. I think buying the games to support Game Freak is a good thing (otherwise, God forbid, there may be no more Pokemon!). Plus, if people stop buying the games Game Freak will go after Showdown so fast they'll probably sue for copyright infringement and take down the site. Morally, I think you would have to buy the game to justify using Showdown.

3. I use Showdown to test potential teams to use for Wi-Fi. That way I don't have to waste time EV training a team that doesn't work that well in the end.

4. You cannot be an "official" world champion by playing Showdown. VGC gets you that title, which involves the actual game copy.
#24SerperiorThanUPosted 4/3/2013 10:01:47 PM
p4r6g6 posted...
I but the games for a few reasons:

1. The actual game offers a lot a battle sim doesn't include (exploration, collecting, a story, etc). A lot of people brought up this point already.

2. I don't think people should use Showdown if they don't have the game. Showdown was mad to enhance the game, not to make people quit playing it. I think buying the games to support Game Freak is a good thing (otherwise, God forbid, there may be no more Pokemon!). Plus, if people stop buying the games Game Freak will go after Showdown so fast they'll probably sue for copyright infringement and take down the site. Morally, I think you would have to buy the game to justify using Showdown.

3. I use Showdown to test potential teams to use for Wi-Fi. That way I don't have to waste time EV training a team that doesn't work that well in the end.

4. You cannot be an "official" world champion by playing Showdown. VGC gets you that title, which involves the actual game copy.

I'm pretty sure everyone who plays the sim has a hard copy and beaten the game before
#25p4r6g6Posted 4/3/2013 10:03:20 PM
Never said they didn't.

Anyways,
I would say MOST do, but probably not everyone.