This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Charizard didn't get stoned would it be back in UU?

#71PeteZaHutxPosted 4/4/2013 7:03:59 PM
If charizard didnt have stealth rock weakness he would be OU
#72BlazingRainPosted 4/4/2013 7:12:07 PM
Charizard haters are much worse than the fan(boy)s.

Also the Smogon tiers are stupid in the first place.

I've deduced these two points from my time here and competitive battling on Smogon/using it's rules.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#73Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:32:09 PM
PeteZaHutx posted...
If charizard didnt have stealth rock weakness he would be OU

That being a bit too exploratory.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#74Faust_8Posted 4/4/2013 11:33:28 PM
iKhanic posted...
Oblivion_Hero posted...
iKhanic posted...
Oblivion_Hero posted...
For Zard to get to UU on merits and not just fanboy usage, the question is what does it do better than its greatest competition for fire types in the tier, Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Victini, as well as Moltres who is quite usable there and possibly Eventei.

He's faster than Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Moltres. Fire is better special attacking type than it is an attacking type, Charizard has Solar Power to make it a monster in the sun, and he has 2 4x resistances.

But it is only a monster in the sun. Something nice about all the pokemon I named was that they are all pretty self sufficient, but are complemented nicely by weather instead of being completely reliant on it. No sun, Chandelure, Moltres and Victini all have the ability to hit harder on the special side, with Victini being just as fast, bulkier and with a few higher bp moves, and the other two iirc being bulkier along with packing more natural firepower.

Venusaur is only good in the sun, and its OU.

Even assuming perma-sun, there are better options than Charizard. Venusaur overall abuses sun better than Charizard does.

Growth is pretty much Nasty Plot+Swords Dance in the sun, 120 base power instant Solar Beam or Giga Drain to keep its health up, Sleep Powder, resists Water/Electric instead of being weak to them, no Rock weakness, outspeeds Charizard AND is bulkier...'Zard is at his best in the sun but that doesn't mean he's the best sun abuser.

Yes, Venusaur relies on the sun and is OU but the point is he's just better than Charizard. Quit acting like we just forget that Charizard exists when really it's because he's just not better than mostly everything in the higher tiers.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#75Fuddles806Posted 4/7/2013 4:37:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]