This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard vs. Blaziken

#21CakeOfLiesPosted 4/4/2013 4:49:54 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
If you are talking about a 1 on one in-game, the Charizard would win. Blaziken has abysmal defenses and Charizard is faster and has a type advantage.

Sorry, but speed boost/protect/stone edge. Zard is banking on a miss.

And that's unlikely if Blaziken has a Zoom Lens.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#22themagicpainmanPosted 4/4/2013 5:04:37 PM
Can't Charizard just DD to counteract the Speed Boost? At that point it comes down to whether or not Protect works twice in a row.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#23iKhanicPosted 4/4/2013 5:07:47 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
If you are talking about a 1 on one in-game, the Charizard would win. Blaziken has abysmal defenses and Charizard is faster and has a type advantage.

Oh yeah, I forgot about protect. But Charizard also has access to Dragon Dance. So in a 1 on 1. Physical Charizard +Acrobatics still beats Blaziken.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#24DarkDragon386Posted 4/4/2013 5:08:01 PM
themagicpainman posted...
Can't Charizard just DD to counteract the Speed Boost? At that point it comes down to whether or not Protect works twice in a row.

It could, but air slash won't OHKO Blaziken unless it's a crit. Zard is really relying on either a flinch, crit, or stone edge/rock slide to miss. It's really relying on hax in this battle.

It goes to show that type advantage aren't everything.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#25iKhanicPosted 4/4/2013 5:15:03 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
themagicpainman posted...

It could, but air slash won't OHKO Blaziken unless it's a crit. Zard is really relying on either a flinch, crit, or stone edge/rock slide to miss. It's really relying on hax in this battle.

It goes to show that type advantage aren't everything.

I just did a damage calculation on Smogon. Without sun, Air Slash has an 81.25% chance of OHKO. In the sun is 100% chance. So Even if Charizard doesn't do a Physical set, he will OHKO Blaziken.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#26themagicpainmanPosted 4/4/2013 5:17:43 PM
We'll now you're assuming there's a free sun for Charizard, which isn't fair.

This may sound dumb, but... What about a physical Charizard using Fly? Assuming Blaziken Protects the first turn not expecting it.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#27DarkDragon386Posted 4/4/2013 5:17:57 PM
iKhanic posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...

Oh yeah, I forgot about protect. But Charizard also has access to Dragon Dance. So in a 1 on 1. Physical Charizard +Acrobatics still beats Blaziken.

EQ is a guaranteed OHKO on Blaziken after a DD. I'd personally just go with a stone edge though right off the bat to Zard.

One site says air slash can't OHKO Blaziken, but another one says it has a 80% chance of OHKOing Blaziken.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#28iKhanicPosted 4/4/2013 5:24:33 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
iKhanic posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...

EQ is a guaranteed OHKO on Blaziken after a DD. I'd personally just go with a stone edge though right off the bat to Zard.

One site says air slash can't OHKO Blaziken, but another one says it has a 80% chance of OHKOing Blaziken.

Well then it pretty much comes down to the two trainers fighting. If the Charizard trainer correctly predicts Blaziken won't use protect, and use Stone Edge right away, then he has the speed advantage for Air Slash or Acrobatics if its a physical set. If he predicts Blaziken won't use protect, then he can Dragon Dance to keep up with the speed boost, then again get the advantage for Air Slash or Acrobatics. If the trainer predicts incorrectly, then Blaziken wins.
---
#29DarkDragon386Posted 4/4/2013 5:28:50 PM
I personally don't care enough about these questions to go more in-depth than I already have. 1 vs. 1 battles don't really prove too much about what is actually better.

I mean, my favorite Pokemon, Gyarados dies to Lanturn. I don't think any sane person would argue that Lanturn is a better Pokemon competitively when Gyarados is more useful at fainting other stuff.
---
#30iKhanicPosted 4/4/2013 5:31:17 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
I personally don't care enough about these questions to go more in-depth than I already have. 1 vs. 1 battles don't really prove too much about what is actually better.

I mean, my favorite Pokemon, Gyarados dies to Lanturn. I don't think any sane person would argue that Lanturn is a better Pokemon competitively when Gyarados is more useful at fainting other stuff.

Actually, I'd say Lanturn is one of the most underrated pokemon out there. It's got great bulk, so it can take hits, and awesome typing. RestTalk BoltBeam Lanturn is a boss.
---