This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard vs. Blaziken

#31MephilasPosted 4/4/2013 5:35:16 PM
Charizard vs Any other fire starter (excluding Emboar): The other one
Charizard vs Emboar: Charizard
Any pokemon vs Emboar: Any pokemon.
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#32DarkKirby2500Posted 4/4/2013 5:36:13 PM
http://tinyurl.com/9wmlepc
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#33DarkDragon386Posted 4/4/2013 5:38:09 PM
Actually, I'd say Lanturn is one of the most underrated pokemon out there. It's got great bulk, so it can take hits, and awesome typing. RestTalk BoltBeam Lanturn is a boss.

Underrated, I'll give you. I like it personally. But, it doesn't have the attack stats and speed to take out a lot of stuff, not to the extent of Gyarados anyway.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#34Michael-Ike-9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 2:02:17 PM
The main reason I started this topic is because I wanted to know who is truly better.

I showed my friend the voting results, but he denied them and said its "circumstancial"
#35LexifoxPosted 4/5/2013 2:03:27 PM
Michael-Ike-9 posted...
The main reason I started this topic is because I wanted to know who is truly better.

I showed my friend the voting results, but he denied them and said its "circumstancial"

Blaziken is better. Better ability, strong moves, better STAB, etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#36thiaguinhohpPosted 4/5/2013 2:10:53 PM
I can't decide lol
---
\o/\o/\o/ 16/12/12 ==> Corinthians campeao do Mundial de Clubes da FIFA 2012!! :D #VaiCorinthians!! \o/\o/\o/
#37bretonftwPosted 4/5/2013 2:12:46 PM
I remember that battle in the anime, end of Johto I think? I knew Blaziken would win as I was already a pokemon Ruby fanboy xD
---
FROAKIE!
"There's going to be a new type this gen" - Suiku
#38Michael-Ike-9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 2:16:01 PM
I admit that they're both great pokemon, but I prefer Blaziken because my first pokemon game was Emerald, and I chose Torchic. I still have my Blaziken to this day :D
#39Pidgeot93Posted 4/5/2013 2:21:26 PM
1 vs 1, Blaziken can beat Charizard almost every time, since Charizard doesn't have a priority move.

Give Blaziken a Focus Sash, Quick Attack, and Hidden Power Rock.

Protect the first turn to get a Speed Boost. If Charizard Dragon Dances that's okay.

Use Hidden Power Rock. If Charizard did not Dragon Dance, Blaziken will be faster and will bring Charizard down to 1 HP if Charizard holds the Focus Sash. If Charizard did Dragon Dance Charizard can launch an attack that will bring Blaziken down to 1 HP. If that attack is Air Slash and Charizard makes Blaziken flinch, Charizard can survive the next attack assuming that he holds a Focus Sash and defeat Blaziken. Assuming that Blaziken does not flinch, Blaziken brings Charizard's HP down to 1 in this turn with Hidden Power Rock.

On the next turn, Blaziken uses Quick Attack and wins assuming that Charizard is at 1 HP.

So, unless I'm missing something, the only way for Charizard to beat Blaziken is Dragon Dance + Air Slash flinch, and that's not really reliable.
#40EstheimasterPosted 4/5/2013 2:41:56 PM
Using a Damage Calculator...

Please ignore the quote. I forgot DD raised regular Atk, not Sp. Atk. Charizard seems screwed.

Charizard
-Sp. Atk Nature
Air Slash
1 Dragon Dance Boost

Blaziken
+Sp. Def Nature

With this setup, Charizard will deal 72.5%-85.7% damage. But that's assuming that Blaziken is Sp. Def oriented, which is never seen and that Charizard is intentionally diminishing his Sp. Attack.

With Blaziken at a more accurate Adamant nature and Charizard keeping the worse Sp. Attack, the attack will deal 79.1%-94% damage. Good, but not enough.

Now let's make Charizard have a neutral nature (Blaziken Adamant), like Hardy. He'll hit Blaziken for 87.9%-104.4% damage, so it has a chance (33%).

So with a Modest Charizard, he'll deal 97.3%-114.3%, with an 81.2% chance of OHKO.

So I guess, with DD, Charizard would need to be a Sp. Atk + nature, have Air Slash, and need to rely on that 81% chance at a OHKO. Without the DD boost, he falls short.

However, none of Blaziken's Rock moves have 100% accuracy, so that could completely screw the battle.

Wait, if Charizard was a Physically natured Pokémon with Fly, and Blaziken did not have a Defensive boost, technically he could use DD on the first turn to negate the Speed Boost, then could use Fly on Turn 2, dodge Blaziken's next 2 attacks, then smash it for a OHKO 87.5% of the time. That could work.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.