This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard vs. Blaziken

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Charizard vs. Blaziken

User Info: Mephilas

Mephilas
3 years ago#31
Charizard vs Any other fire starter (excluding Emboar): The other one
Charizard vs Emboar: Charizard
Any pokemon vs Emboar: Any pokemon.
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
3 years ago#32
http://tinyurl.com/9wmlepc
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>

User Info: DarkDragon386

DarkDragon386
3 years ago#33
Actually, I'd say Lanturn is one of the most underrated pokemon out there. It's got great bulk, so it can take hits, and awesome typing. RestTalk BoltBeam Lanturn is a boss.

Underrated, I'll give you. I like it personally. But, it doesn't have the attack stats and speed to take out a lot of stuff, not to the extent of Gyarados anyway.
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)

User Info: Michael-Ike-9

Michael-Ike-9
3 years ago#34
The main reason I started this topic is because I wanted to know who is truly better.

I showed my friend the voting results, but he denied them and said its "circumstancial"

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#35
Michael-Ike-9 posted...
The main reason I started this topic is because I wanted to know who is truly better.

I showed my friend the voting results, but he denied them and said its "circumstancial"

Blaziken is better. Better ability, strong moves, better STAB, etc.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: thiaguinhohp

thiaguinhohp
3 years ago#36
I can't decide lol
\o/\o/\o/ 16/12/12 ==> Corinthians campeao do Mundial de Clubes da FIFA 2012!! :D #VaiCorinthians!! \o/\o/\o/

User Info: bretonftw

bretonftw
3 years ago#37
I remember that battle in the anime, end of Johto I think? I knew Blaziken would win as I was already a pokemon Ruby fanboy xD
FROAKIE!
"There's going to be a new type this gen" - Suiku

User Info: Michael-Ike-9

Michael-Ike-9
3 years ago#38
I admit that they're both great pokemon, but I prefer Blaziken because my first pokemon game was Emerald, and I chose Torchic. I still have my Blaziken to this day :D

User Info: Pidgeot93

Pidgeot93
3 years ago#39
1 vs 1, Blaziken can beat Charizard almost every time, since Charizard doesn't have a priority move.

Give Blaziken a Focus Sash, Quick Attack, and Hidden Power Rock.

Protect the first turn to get a Speed Boost. If Charizard Dragon Dances that's okay.

Use Hidden Power Rock. If Charizard did not Dragon Dance, Blaziken will be faster and will bring Charizard down to 1 HP if Charizard holds the Focus Sash. If Charizard did Dragon Dance Charizard can launch an attack that will bring Blaziken down to 1 HP. If that attack is Air Slash and Charizard makes Blaziken flinch, Charizard can survive the next attack assuming that he holds a Focus Sash and defeat Blaziken. Assuming that Blaziken does not flinch, Blaziken brings Charizard's HP down to 1 in this turn with Hidden Power Rock.

On the next turn, Blaziken uses Quick Attack and wins assuming that Charizard is at 1 HP.

So, unless I'm missing something, the only way for Charizard to beat Blaziken is Dragon Dance + Air Slash flinch, and that's not really reliable.

User Info: Estheimaster

Estheimaster
3 years ago#40
Using a Damage Calculator...

Please ignore the quote. I forgot DD raised regular Atk, not Sp. Atk. Charizard seems screwed.

Charizard
-Sp. Atk Nature
Air Slash
1 Dragon Dance Boost

Blaziken
+Sp. Def Nature

With this setup, Charizard will deal 72.5%-85.7% damage. But that's assuming that Blaziken is Sp. Def oriented, which is never seen and that Charizard is intentionally diminishing his Sp. Attack.

With Blaziken at a more accurate Adamant nature and Charizard keeping the worse Sp. Attack, the attack will deal 79.1%-94% damage. Good, but not enough.

Now let's make Charizard have a neutral nature (Blaziken Adamant), like Hardy. He'll hit Blaziken for 87.9%-104.4% damage, so it has a chance (33%).

So with a Modest Charizard, he'll deal 97.3%-114.3%, with an 81.2% chance of OHKO.

So I guess, with DD, Charizard would need to be a Sp. Atk + nature, have Air Slash, and need to rely on that 81% chance at a OHKO. Without the DD boost, he falls short.

However, none of Blaziken's Rock moves have 100% accuracy, so that could completely screw the battle.

Wait, if Charizard was a Physically natured Pokémon with Fly, and Blaziken did not have a Defensive boost, technically he could use DD on the first turn to negate the Speed Boost, then could use Fly on Turn 2, dodge Blaziken's next 2 attacks, then smash it for a OHKO 87.5% of the time. That could work.
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Charizard vs. Blaziken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived