This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone just not catch or raise Legendary Pokemon?

#1Hierarchy225Posted 4/3/2013 4:16:49 PM
I've always had this issue if I can call it that, where I just couldn't allow myself to catch or raise a Legendary Pokemon. Or if I did catch them would just be for the pokedex entry, andI would release it immediately. Wandering around, and batting with a Lugia or Dialga or whatever has just never felt right to me. Ever since Pokemon Blue.

I don't even use them in Showdown battles. Does anyone share my aversion to utilizing Legendary Pokemon? Post why or why not.
#2LenneValkiryePosted 4/3/2013 4:17:41 PM
Legendaries are the sole reason I still bother playing the games.
#3EnferolunosPosted 4/3/2013 4:19:57 PM
Why would you release them?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4RedShadowwwPosted 4/3/2013 4:20:04 PM
My favorite part of legendaries is catching them, I rarely ever use them. That's why I don't like event legendaries that are just given to you.
#5ThatKippPosted 4/3/2013 4:20:49 PM
I've always had this issue if I can call it that, where I just couldn't allow myself to catch or raise a Legendary Pokemon. Or if I did catch them would just be for the pokedex entry, andI would release it immediately. Wandering around, and batting with a Lugia or Dialga or whatever has just never felt right to me. Ever since Pokemon Blue.

I don't even use them in Showdown battles. Does anyone share my aversion to utilizing Legendary Pokemon? Post why or why not.

I don't ever use legends. I keep them in my boxes because I have to have them, for my Pokedex. I just never battle with them. The only exception to this was when I used a Black Kyurem for a monotype tournament I was having with friends (I had Ice-type and most non-Uber Ice-types suck).
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 4:24:18 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Why would you release them?

I don't really know. I don't use them, and I feel bad keeping them cooped up in my box. With Pokemon I don't really collect I just take what I need, and release the rest. I like having my boxes either empty or near empty.

I'm weird like that.
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 4/3/2013 4:27:19 PM
Uhh... No.
I catch Legendaries and use them all the time.
However, none of them are part of my "team."
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#8grovyle48Posted 4/3/2013 4:30:22 PM
I like to throw the most random Pokeballs at them and then scream like a girl when it actually works.
---
3DS games to be gotten are the following: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, and PMD: Gates to Infinity
#9Hinky_PPosted 4/3/2013 4:32:04 PM
I like to catch them for the feeling of accomplishment but I never use them.
---
"I made a smelly in my shelly! " - Tardy the Turtle
#10snuffles504Posted 4/3/2013 4:33:52 PM
grovyle48 posted...
I like to throw the most random Pokeballs at them and then scream like a girl when it actually works.

Like catching a Reshiram in a Dive Ball? I laughed when I did that the other day.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!