This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I find it really weird that the anime showed a gen 3 pokemon before all gen 2

#21NessEggmanPosted 4/3/2013 8:30:44 PM
Maetch posted...
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
the porygon-line will never appear

I've never understood why they couldn't just appear without the seizure inducing effects.

Because Japan literally flips out if anything in the anime so much as reminds them of a nation-wide crisis (seizures, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.)

What exactly does it mean to 'literally flip out'?

Like, they go inside of something and then do flips until they come out? Why would they do that and how does it effect Porygon's reappreance in a cartoon?
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#22Brandon042487Posted 4/3/2013 8:32:01 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Like it has been pointed before, Ho-Oh appeared in the very first episode. Togepi and Marill appeared too (although Marill until the Orange Islands). No surprises, really.

Wasn't there a Marril and Snubbul in the first Pikachu short movie?
---
I'm calling it now, April 6th will reveal the starter evolutions.
#23SerperiorThanUPosted 4/3/2013 8:52:30 PM

They finally appeared in an intro to a move, I think the Kyurem one.
#24MagikarpRulesPosted 4/3/2013 9:00:26 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Like it has been pointed before, Ho-Oh appeared in the very first episode. Togepi and Marill appeared too (although Marill until the Orange Islands). No surprises, really.

Wasn't there a Marril and Snubbul in the first Pikachu short movie?

I don't remember, you might be right.
#25SR71haloPosted 4/3/2013 9:11:11 PM
Arne83 posted...
UltimaZangetsu posted...

I've never understood why they couldn't just appear without the seizure inducing effects.

Same here... considering that said effects weren't Porygon's fault.

Yeah, I never understood that. Why is Porygon blamed for the seizures when it was Pikachu's attack that caused them?
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
#26blazingsonicPosted 4/5/2013 7:00:23 AM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
To be fair, we're never gonna see all Generation II Pokemon in the anime, because that would entail a Porygon2 appearance. All other Generation II Pokemon have appeared in the anime, though. That said, some of them could stand to appear more often. The only time Qwilfish has appeared outside of Johto was a cameo in Hold The Phione. A cameo so unbelievably brief that Serebii's episode pictures missed it. Seriously, the anime needs more Qwilfish. Ash needs to catch a Qwilfish. Qwilfish for Iris, Qwilfish for Cilan, Qwilfish for Jessie, Qwilfish for James, even a Qwilfish for Meowth! QWILFISH FOR EVERYBODY! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

That made my day XD.
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#27NegaZeldaPosted 4/5/2013 7:07:56 AM
SR71halo posted...
Arne83 posted...
UltimaZangetsu posted...

Same here... considering that said effects weren't Porygon's fault.

Yeah, I never understood that. Why is Porygon blamed for the seizures when it was Pikachu's attack that caused them?

The most likely reason was that screening out Porygon was the easiest way to make people forget. Pikachu, though he was the one at fault, was synonymous with the series and many people could have many other memories of Pikachu that did not include strobe flashes. Porygon? That was its episode debut. The only memory people would have of it...would be the "Pokemon Shock" phenomenon. It was more convenient to phase out Porygon than Pikachu (not to mention probably the better idea).
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
#28ben10pokemon79Posted 4/5/2013 7:54:08 AM
Yeah, they should just fire Pikachu and give Ash a Porygon.
---
"Losing's not my style."
Gambit, X-Men Next Dimension
#29GilgameshSwordsPosted 4/5/2013 8:01:16 AM
Bet you didn't know the first movie had an Team Aqua member
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#30The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/5/2013 8:06:08 AM
QWILFISH FOR EVERYBODY! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

You remind me of Sheogorath for some reason

Well no, Sheogorath was funny...
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board