This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the chances that we will be able to transfer items?

#1Pheonix_DragonPosted 4/3/2013 10:33:45 PM
I haven't heard any news on this point, so I was wondering if anyone could make a judgment. I have a huge stockpile in W2, and I was wondering whether or not I need to consume everything now (PPUPs, stones, shards) or if I can make use of them in the next gen.

Any reason to predict one way or the other?
---
I understand my username has an error. Just live with it. However, to see my real signature simply hit alt F4.
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Xero127
#2p4r6g6Posted 4/3/2013 10:36:17 PM
I'm not Game Freak so I can't say for sure, but...

You can't transfer items from Gen IV to Gen V so it may be likely. I hope you could exchange items though.
#3jayman7Posted 4/3/2013 10:37:06 PM
I think the main reason items were nontransferable last gen was because of the changes to the TM system. Since TMs can no longer be traded anyway, it ??probably?? won't be an issue this time?

But, of course, we don't even know for sure that Pokemon will be tradable (though I can't see why they wouldn't be.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4p4r6g6Posted 4/3/2013 10:40:46 PM
I think it could go either way, but from past experiences I would say it is more likely that you won't be able to trade items to the GenVI games.

I highly doubt they won't allow trading Pokemon though. That would be suicide for Game Freak.
#5UltimaZangetsuPosted 4/3/2013 10:45:20 PM
p4r6g6 posted...
I highly doubt they won't allow trading Pokemon though. That would be suicide for Game Freak.

Right, because Gen 3 killed GameFreak.

I'm not saying they'll disallow transferring, but this board needs to stop acting like it would be the end of the world.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#6p4r6g6Posted 4/3/2013 10:50:05 PM
Suicide would be a bit extreme, but really it is a big reason that many people didn't like Gen 3.

I put a lot of work into my Pokemon (leveling, EV training, collecting shards for moves etc.) so not being able to transfer them would make me really angry. Plus, you probably won't be able to catch every single Pokemon in the new game, so having the ability to transfer will most likely be the only way to get complete Pokedex.