This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Serebii. Can we get your official opinion?

#11SerperiorThanUPosted 4/5/2013 4:36:50 AM
pokemon2poker posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
I'm not down for Mewtwo being retconned.

It's not retconning, it's augmenting

Please explain the difference.

retcon is blatantly changing details that were made before while augmenting is adding stuff that wasn't mentioned before. Like if we find out Ash had a cousin, that's not retconning, its augmenting. Or if we find out Pikachu could evolve into something else with a new stone. That's not retconning, that's augmenting. Or even the new GEN being introduced, that's not retconning, it's augmenting.
#12Wynters387Posted 4/5/2013 4:55:38 AM
pokemon2poker posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
I'm not down for Mewtwo being retconned.

It's not retconning, it's augmenting

Please explain the difference.

Retconning is going back and changing Mewtwo's history. Comics do this a lot. For here it would be if Giovanni states he created this or knew this would happen. So there is a chance this could happen.

I think Goku's history is an example of augmentation. His story have an unknown beginning though so they player off that. Mewtwo's origins are clearly known.

I say they are adding to the story.

He was created in a lab.He had an armor to keep his power focused and in check. No one knows the long term effects of his power going uncontrolled. Maybe like goku his power increase so much that his body changes to handle it....this would be more of an evolution though.

I'm thinking they find a new stone or item that wasn't meant for mewtwo specifically. Say both Teams are fighting to get this new item. Plasma unleashes 5 genesects to stop team rocket. Obviously this item would house untold power/energy. Maybe mewtwo finds away to tap into this power/ absorb it.

The last bit could leave off with two questions. Who was the item originally for? And how would they react with Mewtwo's theft of its power?
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)