This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fixing Stealth Rock in Gen 6

#1LenneValkiryePosted 4/4/2013 2:47:16 AM
How would you balance Stealth Rock in Gen 6? - Results (129 votes)
Introducing a Rapid Spin move of another type (possibly one that nothing is immune to)
10.08% (13 votes)
Introducing another entry hazard that is mutually exclusive with Stealth Rock (i.e. "Stealth Grass")
3.1% (4 votes)
Having Stealth Rock deal fixed damage like Spikes
20.93% (27 votes)
Halving Stealth Rock's damage (capping at 25% on pokemon that are 4x weak to rock)
18.6% (24 votes)
Making Stealth Rock disappear from the field after a set number of turns/switches
14.73% (19 votes)
Improving Defog so that it removes entry hazards from both sides
3.88% (5 votes)
Increase the number of spinners with a Rapid Spin move tutor/TM
3.88% (5 votes)
Stealth Rock is fine as it is
19.38% (25 votes)
Other
5.43% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
While SR is important to keep things like Volcarona and Focus Sash abusers in check, I think we all agree the problem with the move isn't that it's too good, it's that it is completely arbitrary in its power.
If it was "Stealth Ice" today's metagame would look completely different, which is just unfair.

SR needs to be balanced so that pokemon weak to it get a chance to shine in pretty much every tier.
#2LexifoxPosted 4/4/2013 2:48:23 AM
There are a lot of Pokemon weak to SR that shine in all tiers, even in OU and ubers.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/4/2013 2:51:06 AM
It should deal fixed damage. There's no reason to punish Fire-, Flying-, Bug- and Ice-type Pokémon, considering that they're not particularly good defensive types to begin with.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#4DBF__Posted 4/4/2013 4:12:29 AM
Make rapid spin an effect move instead of a weak attack and make it a TM. Lower damage cap to 12.5% for all.
---
My Sacred Gold Team http://oi45.tinypic.com/24o0vhc.jpg
#5MalkyeaImbakPosted 4/4/2013 4:30:46 AM
make it leave the field after a set few turns or after a pokemon steps on it it becomes stuck on that pokemon (everytime that pokemon switch in and out the damage it takes increases from 4 percent up to 50%)
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 4/4/2013 5:25:31 AM
Reducing damage AND giving it a maximum number of turns.
Weather moves only last five turns, why does Stealth Rock last forever?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#7TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/4/2013 5:28:34 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
why does Stealth Rock last forever?

i don't know
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#8RunebogglePosted 4/4/2013 5:55:15 AM
Either "Other" or "Stealth Rock is fine as it is"

If a change were to be made, I'd prefer only capping the damage at 6.25% and 25% for (2x and 4x) resistance and weakness.
---
Si || A third had died in his bunk of natural causes--for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.
#9DinozorePosted 4/4/2013 6:08:09 AM
Make Rapid Spin a support move (there's no point in an attack with 20 BP), and make it a TM or tutor so more stuff can get it. Also, make Stealth Rock do fixed damage, make it take several turns of setup to get the full effect, or make it wear off after two or three switches.

Or the comedy option: "Stealth Ice" and "Stealth Fire". Eat it, Dragons and Steels!
---
I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you... ~DuneMan
#10taexPosted 4/4/2013 6:11:55 AM
Please listen to us Gamefreaks! We genuinely care about the metagame.
---
Mmm... Pies...