This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fixing Stealth Rock in Gen 6

#11Rogue MuttPosted 4/4/2013 7:16:59 AM
Cap the damage at 25% for 4x weak pokemon. Still nasty, but not the ridiculous 50% damage they take now.

I wouldn't mind a new Rapid Spin either. Flying type seems like a logical choice.
---
Arcanine Alakazam Golduck Flygon Primeape Tyranitar
#12SilverSockPosted 4/4/2013 8:23:33 AM
Many people claim the reason it needs to exist is to prevent infinite switching of Pokemon immune to other hazards. As such, I might suggest having Stealth Rock only affect Pokemon that are off the ground.

Or, just have them get absorbed by Rock types switching in, like Toxic Spikes. I think I prefer this idea, actually.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#13iKhanicPosted 4/4/2013 9:16:56 AM
Other:

Create Entry Healers that heal pokemon upon entry to combat the effect of stealth rock.

Also, create a move that prevents damage from entry hazards for some number of turns.

Lastly, in order to nerf specifically Stealth Rock, cap its damage at 25%
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#14DarkKirby2500Posted 4/4/2013 9:34:08 AM(edited)
If Stealth Rock disappeared the game would be no worse because of it. There is no reason a permanent entry hazard to discourage the use of certain types should exist.

If all you do is give more Pokemon Rapid Spin you are basing the game around entry hazards even more, and it still doesn't change how Stealth Rock is extremely biased and reduces the amount of usable Pokemon which is never a good thing.

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#15Dark_EinherjarPosted 4/4/2013 9:25:08 AM
Halve SR's effect AND give us an unblockable, universally learnable Rapid Spin.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#16iKhanicPosted 4/4/2013 9:32:12 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
If Stealth Rock disappeared the game would be no worse because of it. There is no reason a permanent entry hazard to discourage the use of certain types should exist.

It wouldn't be too bad if it targeted Water and Dragon types. In fact, I might actually support something like that. But Stealth rock targets 4 of the most defensively weak types in the game.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#17Oblivion_HeroPosted 4/4/2013 9:39:44 AM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Halve SR's effect AND give us an unblockable, universally learnable Rapid Spin.

Unstoppable rapid spin ends the existence of shuffling teams and hurts stall as a whole.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#18DarkKirby2500Posted 4/4/2013 9:41:31 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...

It wouldn't be too bad if it targeted Water and Dragon types. In fact, I might actually support something like that. But Stealth rock targets 4 of the most defensively weak types in the game.

There are some types and strategies which are obviously overpowered compared to others, but I don't think trying to fix everything with more overpowered unfair entry hazards is the solution. There neede to be a lot of changes all over the place. For example, if there was a Stealth Grass, then Rain Teams wouldn't be as great, but now you are unfairly hurting the Pokemon who are weak to Grass like Golem.

If for some crazy reason there was an entry hazard that only effected Water Types, than that's unfair for anyone who wants to use water types outside of a rain team.

Removing biased permanent entry hazards is not only about OU and Uber, which Stealth Rock doesn't really break, it's about making the overall game more fair for more Pokemon.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#19Holy_OblivionPosted 4/4/2013 9:58:03 AM
other- get rid of it
---
Visit my youtube page for game news, vids, anime, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1