This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Mareep line needs some love

#1MissCarriagePosted 4/4/2013 10:41:59 AM
I've been waiting generation after generation for some big changes to my favorite Pokemon line, only to be disappointed every time. Gen 5 brought some... interesting new additions with Agility and Cotton Guard, but overall I can't stand how much this line is neglected! I'm expecting Tail Glow and a special Electric type priority move, Gamefreak!

(I know Tail Glow's Japanese name is Firefly Light, but Manaphy gets it and it ain't no bug. There are also far stranger things that have happened in regards to move names, i.e. Crawdaunt having Dragon Dance.)
---
Love me long time.
#2zeldaboy93Posted 4/4/2013 10:44:29 AM
Gamefreak is just frightened of the monstrous power that would be ampharos
---
White FC: 5071 3805 0098
#3MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:46:15 AM
Indeed. If the "rumors" are true and there is an alternative evolution for Flaaffy, that fear would be confirmed!
---
Love me long time.
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 4/4/2013 10:48:34 AM(edited)
Ampharos is my favorite Pokemon ever, and I agree it needs more love. If Lilligant gets Quiver Dance ("Butterfly Dance" in Japanese), then Ampharos should get Tail Glow.

EDIT: On the bright side (pun intended), if the rumored Light type becomes a reality (not that I think it will), the Mareep line has no excuse not to get it, so that'll probably be fun.

---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#5ChrnoDstroyer12Posted 4/4/2013 10:47:45 AM
Skarmory needs a line, period.
#6MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:51:54 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Ampharos is my favorite Pokemon ever, and I agree it needs more love. If Lilligant gets Quiver Dance ("Butterfly Dance" in Japanese), then Ampharos should get Tail Glow.

EDIT: On the bright side (pun intended), if the rumored Light type becomes a reality (not that I think it will), the Mareep line has no excuse not to get it, so that'll probably be fun.

Anything... I'm down for anything! Mareep is my favorite Pokemon ever but I also love Flaaffy and Ampharos. If it gets neglected again this generation I'll be a sad sheepie.
---
Love me long time.
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 4/4/2013 10:52:22 AM
ChrnoDstroyer12 posted...
Skarmory needs a line, period.

Eviolite Skarmory.
I like it!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#8The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/4/2013 10:54:11 AM
I know Tail Glow's Japanese name is Firefly Light, but Manaphy gets it and it ain't no bug

It's bioluminiscence. That's why it can't get it
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#9Twilight_SonataPosted 4/4/2013 10:56:12 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
It's bioluminiscence.

That's not the reason Manaphy gets it. Manaphy gets it because it's based on a species of Sea Angels that are called "Sea Fireflies" or something like that in Japanese.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#10MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:56:13 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I know Tail Glow's Japanese name is Firefly Light, but Manaphy gets it and it ain't no bug

It's bioluminiscence. That's why it can't get it

The whole Mareep line has bioluminescence...
---
Love me long time.