This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Smogon is wrong

#1PeteZaHutxPosted 4/4/2013 1:19:28 PM
i couldn't help but Notice Smogon's sloppy track record on bans.I am a firm beilver that if your team doesn't have the solution to your problem , you deserve to lose.I noticed that Blaziken was banned? LOL alright and people had the audacity to compare him to Garchomp to justify the banning?all this while black kyurem wasnt banned.

Exadrill was borderline OP at best , i say with the right set up you can counter him i wont deny he was a powerhouse though , good attack , good speed and good STAB.

All this but entry hazards dont receive limits? Stealth rock mainly , i wouldn't complain of rocks if more viable Pokemon had the counter to it .Only viable Pokemon i can think off the top of head is Starmie with rapid spin.It over centralized the meta game to the point where you have to change a good portion of your team just to counter it./

This is why i dont bother with them and rather play by Japanese rules and leagues ,,Smogonites would get stomped by these guys.Smogon is evil end of story
#2EnferolunosPosted 4/4/2013 1:20:21 PM
That's nice, dear
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 4/4/2013 1:21:48 PM
i agree entirely with TC
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#4KrisipokePosted 4/4/2013 1:23:26 PM
Of course it can be countered, everything in the game can be countered with the right setup/Pokémon. That means they are not broken. But it doesn't stop them from being overpowered, meaning that it's nearly impossible to stop them without the right Pokémon/setup. That's why ban lists exist, so you won't see a Blaziken and its counter on every team.

But then again, only Speed Boost Blaziken should be banned.
---
Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Paper Mario, Alex Roivas, Isaac, and Prince Sabure for SSB4!
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi
#5Gray_AreasPosted 4/4/2013 1:26:27 PM
So Speed Boost Blaziken isn't broken? Let me see... He has Protect for a free Speed Boost, has Shadow Claw for any Ghost types, has access to Swords Dance for an attack Boost, has Sky Uppercut/High Jump Kick for Fighting STAB, and has Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick for Fire STAB. I'd say he's pretty overpowered. Even if he can't take out your entire team, he can take out at least 3 Pokemon by himself. Being down by three makes the battle that much harder. That's assuming you take him out and/or he is using recoil/high risk moves.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#6Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/4/2013 1:29:58 PM
How to keep Stealth Rock off the field:

Maintain offensive pressure, and never give them a chance to set up.
Use Taunt (everyone good team should have a Taunt user anyway).
Rapid Spin.

There's multiple ways to keep rocks off the field.

And the former two are actually preferred to Rapid Spin. You really shouldn't be using Rapid Spin on any team that isn't a stall team. It's a waste on an offensive team.
#7DibabPosted 4/4/2013 1:36:48 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
So Speed Boost Blaziken isn't broken? Let me see... He has Protect for a free Speed Boost, has Shadow Claw for any Ghost types, has access to Swords Dance for an attack Boost, has Sky Uppercut/High Jump Kick for Fighting STAB, and has Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick for Fire STAB. I'd say he's pretty overpowered. Even if he can't take out your entire team, he can take out at least 3 Pokemon by himself. Being down by three makes the battle that much harder. That's assuming you take him out and/or he is using recoil/high risk moves.

Oh no not a challenge. The horror
---
White 2 FC 3783-8203-6238
Trainer Name: Dibab
#8EnferolunosPosted 4/4/2013 1:38:53 PM
Dibab posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

There's a difference between "a challenge" and "overpowered"
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 4/4/2013 1:40:30 PM
Dibab posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

Normal type Arceus with Extremespeed, Swords Dance, Shadow Claw, and Recover.
He's just a challenge. Let's put him in OU.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#10Gray_AreasPosted 4/4/2013 1:44:00 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Dibab posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

Normal type Arceus with Extremespeed, Swords Dance, Shadow Claw, and Recover.
He's just a challenge. Let's put him in OU.

While we're at it, why not move Reshiram and White Kyurem to OU too? I mean, they're just challenges, right? Anyone with a Dragon type and some planning can beat them.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480