This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Freak: "There will be no Pokemon Grey"

#31XazealPosted 4/5/2013 8:06:47 AM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
Instead, release TWO director's cut versions and add a "2" to the game title
- dual versions = more revenues, thanks to collectors and diehard fanboys
- fools idiots into thinking B/W1 are still relevant (or even a necessary purchase to understand B/W2)

This is a bad thing?

You're essentially saying "Gamefreak has good marketing strategies and is good at making money". That's a compliment.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#32blazingsonicPosted 4/5/2013 8:09:05 AM
THANKS A LOT TC!!!!!!!!!!

Now I want a job at Game Freak! :D
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#33kwando1313Posted 4/5/2013 8:09:15 AM
Damn. You mean businesses want to make money by selling their products and making those products enjoyable to their target audience? Well, I'd never.
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#34PeterTheHedgePosted 4/5/2013 8:31:00 AM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
Instead, release TWO director's cut versions and add a "2" to the game title
- dual versions = more revenues, thanks to collectors and diehard fanboys
- fools idiots into thinking B/W1 are still relevant (or even a necessary purchase to understand B/W2)
- Ken Sugimori's face: http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png

Platinum - continued D/P's storyline
B/W2 - continued B/W1's storyline

Platinum - expanded Sinnoh Dex with previous-gen Pokemon
B/W2 - expanded Unova Dex with previous-gen Pokemon

Platinum - copy/paste D/P's overworld + a few minor modifications + a few new towns & routes
B/W2 - copy/paste B/W1's overworld + a few minor modifications + a few new towns & routes

Platinum - a few new formes. no new species, moves, abilities, natures, types, etc.
B/W2 - a few new formes. no new species, moves, abilities, natures, types, etc.

Platinum - reskinned a few of D/P's gyms
B/W2 - reskinned a few of B/W1's gyms

How are B/W2 not glorified Director's Cuts? Because Game Freak told you so (as part of their marketing strategy)? LOL

-All of BW's gyms that remain have changed drastically.
-No new species? BW2 wasn't the start of Gen 6 (and Platinum wasn't the start of Gen 5)
-Platinum did not add any new areas other than the Battle Frontier. BW2 added Humilau -City, Aspertia City, Floccessy Town, Virbank City, whatever that western place was called, and several routes and caves
-BW2 had an entirely different story. Platinum just made some slight modifications with characters
-DP were suffering from a severe lack of type diversity. Platinum fixed this. BW2 added more Pokemon to make this a more accessible game, as these were the last to come out for the DS

Conclusion: Troll/10
Please try again later.

---
Not the Hegemon. Just a hedge.
I am endergamer537!
#35wingblade98Posted 4/5/2013 8:36:02 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/70/079Slowpoke.png
---
Evil never sleeps--
it only snoozes.
#36INTERWEBUSER(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:43:01 AM
So making a Grey version instead of B2/W2 would have taken more effort?

What's wrong with the idea of having just one ultimate version per gen? [1] And while we're at it, multiple save files? [2]

[1] The trading can be facilitated by randomly generating a rarity distribution on each cart, like Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass
[2] Just disable any ability to copy / trade between files to prevent abuse. And the DS carts definitely have enough storage space.

Oh wait, I forgot - this is Game Freak. They're way too greedy for that.

Not everyone plays the Pokemon games for the story, you know...

Then what do they play them for? The regurgitated 17-year-old gameplay formula?

Now I want a job at Game Freak! :D

They were hiring not too long ago. I highly doubt the extra money Game Freak makes from their greedy practices goes into the junior grunts' pockets, but feel free to try.

-All of BW's gyms that remain have changed drastically.
-No new species? BW2 wasn't the start of Gen 6 (and Platinum wasn't the start of Gen 5)
-Platinum did not add any new areas other than the Battle Frontier. BW2 added Humilau -City, Aspertia City, Floccessy Town, Virbank City, whatever that western place was called, and several routes and caves
-BW2 had an entirely different story. Platinum just made some slight modifications with characters
-DP were suffering from a severe lack of type diversity. Platinum fixed this. BW2 added more Pokemon to make this a more accessible game, as these were the last to come out for the DS

Ok, I stand corrected.

But...even with all these amazing changes it still received the "Same As Last Year" award from Gamespot!
---
#37Catcher_FreemanPosted 4/6/2013 4:00:30 AM(edited)
Gamespot's opinion is less valuable than the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.
#38INTERWEBUSER(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 4:34:42 AM
Gamespot's opinion is less valuable than the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.

GameTrailers
Oct 1, 2012
Despite throwing in some new bells and whistles, Pokémon Black & White 2 doesn't deviate from established formula.

Machinima
Oct 8, 2012
With Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, the game is starting to feel stale. The Pokemon series has been living off its laurels for some time now, and the series is in need of change.

Metro GameCentral
Oct 2, 2012
One of the most pointless sequels ever put to cartridge, and although the core Pokémon gameplay still shines through this is easily the worst version so far.

Game Informer
Oct 1, 2012
Black and White Version 2 has a title that is usually reserved for sequels that adds new features and expand the experience, but that isn't the case with Black and White Version 2.
---
#39Catcher_FreemanPosted 4/6/2013 4:43:17 AM
What I said about Gamespot applies to all of them as well, especially Game Informer.
#40INTERWEBUSER(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 4:51:12 AM
What I said about Gamespot applies to all of them as well, especially Game Informer.

HURR DURR

MY OPINEON DIFFERS FROM THERES SO ALL THOSE PROFESHUNAL CRETICS R TRASH!111111

- Pokemon Fanboy ( http://i50.tinypic.com/1zl7tic.jpg )
---