This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Freak: "There will be no Pokemon Grey"

#41KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/6/2013 5:00:24 AM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
What I said about Gamespot applies to all of them as well, especially Game Informer.

HURR DURR

MY OPINEON DIFFERS FROM THERES SO ALL THOSE PROFESHUNAL CRETICS R TRASH!111111

- Pokemon Fanboy ( http://i50.tinypic.com/1zl7tic.jpg )

A professional critic is nothing more than another person with an opinion.

The fact that they get paid to share their opinion doesn't make it any more valid than the anyone elses...
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#42dwdwdw6Posted 4/6/2013 6:13:29 AM
Haha this troll is quite dedicated.
#43INTERWEBUSER(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 2:50:42 PM

The fact that they get paid to share their opinion doesn't make it any more valid than the anyone elses...

Right, but if well over a dozen critics from established gaming websites are all saying the same thing about the game/series lacking innovation and being excessively milked (even ones who awarded "high" scores), maybe they do have a point.
---
#44CakeOfLiesPosted 4/6/2013 2:54:08 PM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
Gamespot's opinion is less valuable than the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.

Machinima
Oct 8, 2012
With Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, the game is starting to feel stale. The Pokemon series has been living off its laurels for some time now, and the series is in need of change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6josPnHF94
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#45MagikarpRulesPosted 4/6/2013 3:07:48 PM
You are welcome to avoid the initial two versions of each new gen if you want. And lol playing Pokemon for the story. The only semi-decent story is that of B/W 1, really. If you don't enjoy the basic premise of Pokemon games, you can go and play something else that satisfies your needs.
#46KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/6/2013 3:09:23 PM
INTERWEBUSER posted...

Right, but if well over a dozen critics from established gaming websites are all saying the same thing about the game/series lacking innovation and being excessively milked (even ones who awarded "high" scores), maybe they do have a point.

And yet, you could ask well over a thousand gamers and get a different response.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#47wingblade98Posted 4/6/2013 3:12:52 PM
does TC like cod of duty?
---
Evil never sleeps--
it only snoozes.
#48Archwing3441Posted 4/6/2013 3:20:02 PM
huh, oddly enough, I think TC (aka troll to everyone else) is actually winning the argument. The problem with the idea of innovation is that people do not necessarily want it. When series ends up with many sequels, the choices can be sum up with to be innovated and make drastic change or make tiny improvements with each game (assuming we're only talking about main games here instead of any spin-offs).

Square Enix is probably the easiest example of making drastic changes throughout the series. The problem with that is that some games ends up being pretty bad (FF13 and it's spawns), just an outright flop (FF14), or ends up without having a definite quality about the series that makes players feel confident that they would like the game. Seriously, Final fantasy with all it's different games makes the final fantasy series undefinable, which is bad because gamers don't know what to expect with each game.

Nintendo, Treyarch, Infinity ward, blah blah blah, goes with the idea of making little improvements with each game. WIth this, the games end up being rather similar to it's past but with minor improvements that only fans who actually played the game would notice. This gives a comfort to the fans. Hey, I like the first game, therefore, I must like the second game (which is the mindset sequels SHOULD have) with only the obsessive fans saying that a certain game sucks, blah blah blah. The risks is that games start to go stale for the fans who played every game up to the most recent one.

Frankly, I think the second scenario is better because if I want innovations, I rather play spin-offs than having the main series be inconsistent.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#49MagikarpRulesPosted 4/6/2013 3:39:35 PM
Archwing3441 posted...
huh, oddly enough, I think TC (aka troll to everyone else) is actually winning the argument. The problem with the idea of innovation is that people do not necessarily want it. When series ends up with many sequels, the choices can be sum up with to be innovated and make drastic change or make tiny improvements with each game (assuming we're only talking about main games here instead of any spin-offs).

Square Enix is probably the easiest example of making drastic changes throughout the series. The problem with that is that some games ends up being pretty bad (FF13 and it's spawns), just an outright flop (FF14), or ends up without having a definite quality about the series that makes players feel confident that they would like the game. Seriously, Final fantasy with all it's different games makes the final fantasy series undefinable, which is bad because gamers don't know what to expect with each game.

Nintendo, Treyarch, Infinity ward, blah blah blah, goes with the idea of making little improvements with each game. WIth this, the games end up being rather similar to it's past but with minor improvements that only fans who actually played the game would notice. This gives a comfort to the fans. Hey, I like the first game, therefore, I must like the second game (which is the mindset sequels SHOULD have) with only the obsessive fans saying that a certain game sucks, blah blah blah. The risks is that games start to go stale for the fans who played every game up to the most recent one.

Frankly, I think the second scenario is better because if I want innovations, I rather play spin-offs than having the main series be inconsistent.

I disagree with your perception of TC winning the argument. It seems to me he didn't even bother playing Black 2 or White 2. While you really don't need to have played Black 1 or White 1, they follow up the story of the previous 2, instead of giving the same story with a few additions. It's not a 'director's cut', it's a straight up sequel. Anyone who doesn't get that, either didn't play those games or plain doesn't get what a sequel is.
#50INTERWEBUSER(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:58:29 PM
does TC like cod of duty?

What makes you think I do?

But Pokedrones are the ultimate hypocrites - every time someone brings up Pokemon being rehashed/milked they point to COD and Madden. Hello folks, just because I'm criticising Pokemon right now doesn't mean I approve of COD or Madden. Although COD does have much higher production values (orchestrated soundtrack, HD graphics, VA, etc.) that lead to more favourable review scores even if the core gameplay is recycled. Pokemon is low-budget and low-effort at the same time - not a good combination.

No one is asking for drastic changes. However, Pokemon's formula has gotten so predictable to the point that anyone with half a brain can accurately predict what's coming next. Start the game. You'll be asked to choose between a Grass/Fire/Water starter. You'll battle your rival/childhood friend. You'll be led to a professor who will give you a Pokedex. You'll be given a forced tutorial on how to use the Pokemon Center and how to use Pokeballs (even though anyone with half a brain should be able to figure it out even if it's their first time). I know it's not unreasonable that at least one of these pieces could be changed without stripping the games of their Pokemon feel.
---