This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Freak: "There will be no Pokemon Grey"

#51CakeOfLiesPosted 4/6/2013 3:00:46 PM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
does TC like cod of duty?

What makes you think I do?

But Pokedrones are the ultimate hypocrites - every time someone brings up Pokemon being rehashed/milked they point to COD and Madden. Hello folks, just because I'm criticising Pokemon right now doesn't mean I approve of COD or Madden. Although COD does have much higher production values (orchestrated soundtrack, HD graphics, VA, etc.) that lead to more favourable review scores even if the core gameplay is recycled. Pokemon is low-budget and low-effort at the same time - not a good combination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPNGCesEWgw
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#52MagikarpRulesPosted 4/6/2013 3:02:05 PM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
does TC like cod of duty?

What makes you think I do?

But Pokedrones are the ultimate hypocrites - every time someone brings up Pokemon being rehashed/milked they point to COD and Madden. Hello folks, just because I'm criticising Pokemon right now doesn't mean I approve of COD or Madden. Although COD does have much higher production values (orchestrated soundtrack, HD graphics, VA, etc.) that lead to more favourable review scores even if the core gameplay is recycled. Pokemon is low-budget and low-effort at the same time - not a good combination.

huh, oddly enough, I think TC (aka troll to everyone else) is actually winning the argument. The problem with the idea of innovation is that people do not necessarily want it. When series ends up with many sequels, the choices can be sum up with to be innovated and make drastic change or make tiny improvements with each game (assuming we're only talking about main games here instead of any spin-offs).

No one is asking for drastic changes. However, Pokemon's formula has gotten so predictable to the point that anyone with half a brain can accurately predict what's coming next. Start the game. You'll be asked to choose between a Grass/Fire/Water starter. You'll battle your rival/childhood friend. You'll be led to a professor who will give you a Pokedex. You'll be given a forced tutorial on how to use the Pokemon Center and how to use Pokeballs (even though anyone with half a brain should be able to figure it out even if it's their first time). I know it's not unreasonable that at least one of these pieces could be changed without stripping the games of their Pokemon feel.

Low-effort? Let's see you make something even remotely similar to Pokemon and see how low-effort it is. Even the games that look simplistic require much more effort than you think. Just for starters, do you know how to write code? If not, then all your ramblings are meaningless.
#53KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/6/2013 3:02:09 PM
INTERWEBUSER posted...
No one is asking for drastic changes. However, Pokemon's formula has gotten so predictable to the point that anyone with half a brain can accurately predict what's coming next. Start the game. You'll be asked to choose between a Grass/Fire/Water starter. You'll battle your rival/childhood friend. You'll be led to a professor who will give you a Pokedex. You'll be given a forced tutorial on how to use the Pokemon Center and how to use Pokeballs (even though anyone with half a brain should be able to figure it out even if it's their first time). I know it's not unreasonable that at least one of these pieces could be changed without stripping the games of their Pokemon feel.

I...agree?
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.