This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is one board always so much more popular than the other?

#1MissCarriagePosted 4/5/2013 12:09:25 AM
Black over White, X over Y, Diamond over Pearl. Is it just because one of them is the designated place to post since people don't want to switch between two, or is one game always immensely more popular than the other?

I think I've always bought the lesser popular games in the duos, with the exception of Pokemon Gold.
---
Love me long time.
#2SephirothtPosted 4/5/2013 12:14:40 AM
Because in the beginning there is only 1 board when it's announced that a new game will come.
Only after the actual titles are announced the board gets split and most just stay here.
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
#3LightningHawk90Posted 4/5/2013 12:28:14 AM
Because there's a top 10 list.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#4UltimaZangetsuPosted 4/5/2013 12:59:37 AM(edited)
Usually it serves that whichever comes first of the two, in naming conventions, will be the more popular board, at least in my experience.
Diamond and Pearl
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Black and White
Black 2 and White 2
X and Y
etc.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#5PeteZaHutxPosted 4/5/2013 12:33:45 AM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Usually it serves that whichever comes first of the two, in naming conventions, will be the more popular board, at least in my experience.
Diamond and Pearl
HeartGold and Soul Silver
Black and White
Black 2 and White 2
X and Y
etc.
#6RyoukaiPosted 4/5/2013 1:12:35 AM
Diamond and Pearl
HeartGold and SoulSilver
Black and White
Black 2 and White 2
X and Y
etc.

I'd like to point out that it just happens to work out so the one that comes first alphabetically is the more popular board.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#7dezmomoPosted 4/5/2013 2:07:13 AM
Sephirotht posted...
Because in the beginning there is only 1 board when it's announced that a new game will come.
Only after the actual titles are announced the board gets split and most just stay here.

That only happened once with Black and White.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#8RX02BansheePosted 4/5/2013 2:24:38 AM
Sephirotht posted...

Both games were announced at the exact same time in the same announcement vid though, people just naturally came to this one.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#9QuetzalmaPosted 4/5/2013 2:32:03 AM
There's Pokemon Red and Blue, and Red was the most used one, so the Alphabetic order doesn't happen all the time
#10TenzhiPosted 4/5/2013 2:37:32 AM
It seems to me that they could just merge them together. Pokemon X and Y as one united section.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.