This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Evveeoultion Hinted..

#51RaidenHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:22:43 AM
HeyWheresKel posted...
If the new new eeveelution is Ground, Sylvs could still be Light. Because obviously Ground would be SE against Light.

I highly doubt Slvyeon is a Light Type..Flying is much more likely
#52HeyWheresKelPosted 4/5/2013 9:28:04 AM
RaidenHero posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...
If the new new eeveelution is Ground, Sylvs could still be Light. Because obviously Ground would be SE against Light.

Just... let me have this. Let me have my pipe dream.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#53RX02BansheePosted 4/5/2013 10:12:40 AM
RaidenHero posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...

How is it more likely than Normal? Right now all evidence points to normal type for Slyveon as far as I can see. It is conspicuously not blatantly a type (whereas every other Eeveelution the type would be obvious even to people that don't play Pokemon), it is pink (the colour of Normal types), and its debut trailer had it using a stack or Normal type moves including one Eevee cannot normally learn.

And if it ends up being the only Eeveelution this gen that would up the odds of it being Normal even further. Normal is known for not having any types it hits for SE damage, and it only gets hit for SE damage by one type.

Outside very mild things about its design I don't see how it could be a flying type.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#54jayman7Posted 4/5/2013 10:15:07 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
Right now all evidence points to normal type for Slyveon as far as I can see.

Right now, none of the evidence points to Sylveon being a Normal-type (pink is not unique to Normal-types, and all the known Normal-type moves Sylveon used in the video are learned by Eevee already) - I only entertain the notion because only a couple of types that show evidence actually have any real evidence, and it's admittedly weak.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#55SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/5/2013 10:21:06 AM
RX02Banshee posted...

And if it ends up being the only Eeveelution this gen that would up the odds of it being Normal even further. Normal is known for not having any types it hits for SE damage, and it only gets hit for SE damage by one type. .

Normal/Ghost would make a sensible pair for Eeveelutions, since they're immune to each other. Or even Normal/Fighting; Espeon was weak to Umbreon, Leafeon was weak to Glaceon.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#56DesuExMachichanPosted 4/5/2013 10:22:52 AM
What the hell....i don't think that picture says "2 new"...it says "akiyama" which is either a name or it literally means "fire mountain"
#57jayman7Posted 4/5/2013 10:36:44 AM
DesuExMachichan posted...
What the hell....i don't think that picture says "2 new"...it says "akiyama" which is either a name or it literally means "fire mountain"

Whoosh.

Colors of characters = colors of Eeveelutions. Even if you think it's a coincidence, that's a (slightly extended) name of the Eeveelution short, but in the older posters, those two middle characters were instead replaced by a pink bow extremely similar to Sylveon's.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#58RX02BansheePosted 4/5/2013 10:44:24 AM
jayman7 posted...
pink is not unique to Normal-types, and all the known Normal-type moves Sylveon used in the video are learned by Eevee already.

Pink is mostly associated with Normal, I never said exclusive, but a ton of Normal types are pink (Clefairy tree, Jigglypuff tree, Snubble, Likitung duo, Chansey familiy, Porygon tree, Miltank, Skitty, and Audino). Another thing to note is that a lot of those have a "fairy" like appearance. Slyveon has that appearance going on as well, is pink, and spammed Normal moves.

And I see my BOLDED text in the last post flew right over your head. No it does not learn all the moves in the trailer. It used Swift, Eevee does not learn swift (yes, I was surprised about that too, but go look it up if you want to, I'm not in the mood to do it for the third time).

So yes, evidence points to Normal as it stands right now. Besides it looking airy there is nothing about it that currently suggests Flying, and it looks airy in the same way a fairy would. If it was flying given how every Eevee with a type is designed to blatantly show that type off I'd have thought we'd see something to do with air, whether that be with clouds, feathers, or shining (that last one was random lol).

Hell, the fact it doesn't fit any type for certain alone is enough to raise suspicion of a Normal type since that's what Normal types tend to do, it is what makes them remarkable.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#59NinjaKitsunePosted 4/5/2013 10:51:27 AM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
pink is not unique to Normal-types, and all the known Normal-type moves Sylveon used in the video are learned by Eevee already.

Pink is mostly associated with Normal, I never said exclusive, but a ton of Normal types are pink (Clefairy tree, Jigglypuff tree, Snubble, Likitung duo, Chansey familiy, Porygon tree, Miltank, Skitty, and Audino). Another thing to note is that a lot of those have a "fairy" like appearance. Slyveon has that appearance going on as well, is pink, and spammed Normal moves.

And I see my BOLDED text in the last post flew right over your head. No it does not learn all the moves in the trailer. It used Swift, Eevee does not learn swift (yes, I was surprised about that too, but go look it up if you want to, I'm not in the mood to do it for the third time).

So yes, evidence points to Normal as it stands right now. Besides it looking airy there is nothing about it that currently suggests Flying, and it looks airy in the same way a fairy would. If it was flying given how every Eevee with a type is designed to blatantly show that type off I'd have thought we'd see something to do with air, whether that be with clouds, feathers, or shining (that last one was random lol).

Hell, the fact it doesn't fit any type for certain alone is enough to raise suspicion of a Normal type since that's what Normal types tend to do, it is what makes them remarkable.

Actually, it gets it as a dream world move. And they also could have spammed normal type moves since it wouldn't hint towards sylveon's actual type.
---
"If I have to come down there again, I will personally blowtorch random people!"
They don't call him Psycho Bob for nothing
#60GiftedACIIIPosted 4/5/2013 10:57:13 AM
HeyWheresKel posted...

Ew ground is already super effective towards enough types