This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone else tired of tiers?

#61GiftedACIIIPosted 4/9/2013 9:32:45 AM
Garioshi posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
Garioshi posted...

That itself is an opinion. This entire topic is about opinion. I have an opinion, you have an opinion, now let's both shut up.

Stop trolling. If there weren't tiers, it would just essentially be the uber tier, how are you that stubborn? There's nothing to debate here.

Thing is, I don't play competitive. I want to be able to play online with my Blaziken without everyone quitting on me.

WOW So you were literally spouting nonsense while not knowing what the hell you were talking about. Typical scrub. This is why nobody takes you scrubs seriously. You know nothing of the metagame yet you expect your uneducated and ignorant opinion to be recognized. lol Just lol. It's ignorance worthy of 9gag. Just another typical whiner who only cries about their favorite Pokemon, not about actual relevance.

You want to use Blaziken without everyone quitting on you? For one, lolrandommatchup, everybody is gonna dc if they're gonna lose anyways, and for two, yeah you CAN use Blaziken against other players, just expect yourself to be facing down Kyogre and Arceus.
#62shagohad3Posted 4/9/2013 9:36:22 AM
Can someone explain all of this stuff to me? I've never played competitively before..
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#63ThatGuyZPosted 4/9/2013 9:38:11 AM
Don't care.

Follow whatever ruleset you want, just don't bring your competitive/casual *****ing my way.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#64GiftedACIIIPosted 4/9/2013 9:39:53 AM
shagohad3 posted...
Can someone explain all of this stuff to me? I've never played competitively before..

Assuming you already know about EVs and IVs here's a good place to start: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com

http://www.smogon.com

http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_tiers

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476359
#65SerperiorThanUPosted 4/9/2013 9:42:40 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Garioshi posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
Garioshi posted...

That itself is an opinion. This entire topic is about opinion. I have an opinion, you have an opinion, now let's both shut up.

Stop trolling. If there weren't tiers, it would just essentially be the uber tier, how are you that stubborn? There's nothing to debate here.

Thing is, I don't play competitive. I want to be able to play online with my Blaziken without everyone quitting on me.

WOW So you were literally spouting nonsense while not knowing what the hell you were talking about. Typical scrub. This is why nobody takes you scrubs seriously. You know nothing of the metagame yet you expect your uneducated and ignorant opinion to be recognized. lol Just lol. It's ignorance worthy of 9gag. Just another typical whiner who only cries about their favorite Pokemon, not about actual relevance.

You want to use Blaziken without everyone quitting on you? For one, lolrandommatchup, everybody is gonna dc if they're gonna lose anyways, and for two, yeah you CAN use Blaziken against other players, just expect yourself to be facing down Kyogre and Arceus.

^This
#66CakeOfLiesPosted 4/9/2013 9:42:58 AM
Fanboy tiers are delicious.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#67DarkDragon386Posted 4/9/2013 10:01:26 AM

But then he won't be able to use Blaziken in a match against Sunkerns, Magikarps, and Feebases. That's totally unfair and tiers should be banned because of it.

But, yeah, people who don't know what they are talking about should not be talking about it like they know a thing about it. You can use NU pokes in OU, you just have to expect a more uphill battle. I use a non-rain Ludicolo just fine in OU (I found swift swim is a better rain counter on it than rain dish, which I used for a while :)
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#68nitttPosted 4/9/2013 10:12:55 AM
Tiers are created to make fair game on something that clearly has one pokemon better then another. Look at card games, banned lists are created to make a balance in the game. So too is Pokemon. However except for say tournaments, it is really anyones games and agreed rules on how a battle should be played.

That said however, I believe in a tier system, but not one created by fans. Rather if GameFreak creates a tier system of their own, it would be better accepted vs. Smogon's (despite the fact that it might be the same either way).
---
Recently Finished Game: Ni No Kuni (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)
Current Game: Pandora's Tower (soon) (Wii), TBA (PS3), MH3U (WiiU)
#69patsfan2312Posted 4/9/2013 11:56:47 AM
I don't really care that they exist. I don't play competitively, so they don't really affect me at all. I only play for fun. Doing all the IV/EV training and breeding just to get a poke with the right nature/ability/stats just seems too much like work to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#70RollerBobPosted 4/9/2013 6:13:02 PM
The main problem I see with tiers, be with Pokémon or fighting games, is that it discourages players to just use who or whatever they want to have fun. With 649 to choose from (granted only final evos and legendaries are worth it really), everyone should be able to 6 Pokémon for their teams. Sure, people might be interested by abilities and moves, but the whole metagame would be eliminated. They could be pick whoever they want and then have fun.

Compared to fighting games however, Pokémon isn't that complicated to learn. Types, abilities, stats and moves are more manageable than combos, frame data and inputs. That should also encourage players to play the game.

Tiers, unfortunately, dictate what's good and bad... and it can screw some people's teams due to that.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.