This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should random encounters be less frequent?

#1eimajamiePosted 4/5/2013 4:36:17 PM
Less Frequent random encounters? - Results (59 votes)
Yes
42.37% (25 votes)
No
57.63% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It really annoys me sometimes when you can't walk 2 steps (or sometimes even turn around) without getting into another battle, it seems to take forever to do anything
---
Official Miror Scientist with his Shadow Seviper!
#2leopoldsharkPosted 4/5/2013 4:38:09 PM
There are times when you are looking for a specific Pokemon and you want to trigger encounters more often. There are other times when you are just trying to get from Point A to Point B and don't want to encounter anything. That's what Repels are for. There are also abilities like Intimidate which reduces random encounter rates if he's the lead member of your party. I think encounters are fine.
#3PointmanPosted 4/5/2013 4:38:41 PM
They felt fine in BW2, but they were hell in Black.
#46bananzaPosted 4/5/2013 4:40:54 PM
leopoldshark posted...
There are times when you are looking for a specific Pokemon and you want to trigger encounters more often. There are other times when you are just trying to get from Point A to Point B and don't want to encounter anything. That's what Repels are for. There are also abilities like Intimidate which reduces random encounter rates if he's the lead member of your party. I think encounters are fine.

Came here to say this.
---
Official member of Miror Infinity. Head of Shiny Research with an Articuno. http://i.imgur.com/PIMfmML.png http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#5HardHorseJamPosted 4/5/2013 4:56:12 PM
Nope. Pokemon ultimately make the game so random encounters are good.

What they should do is increase the variety of Pokemon in each area so that players look forward to seeing what comes next.
#6pokemon2pokerPosted 4/5/2013 4:58:24 PM
What do you think intimidate is for outside of battle?
---
Pocket deuces will carry me through
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/5/2013 4:58:52 PM
eimajamie posted...
It really annoys me sometimes when you can't walk 2 steps (or sometimes even turn around) without getting into another battle, it seems to take forever to do anything

They should be replaced by field encounters like in SMT4 or Dragon Quest IX. (with the obvious exception of rustling grass/dust clouds)
#8UltimaZangetsuPosted 4/5/2013 5:11:01 PM
I honestly never knew Intimidate had a function outside of battle.
Anywho, without the swarms of Zubats (or Woobats) impeding my progress, Pokemon wouldn't be the same.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#9deathwave21Posted 4/5/2013 5:17:05 PM
Random encounters should not still be in RPGs at all.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office