This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X & Y will increase the number of move slots from 4 to 6.

#11el_tercer_poderPosted 4/5/2013 3:59:25 PM(edited)
pokemon2poker posted...
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

This; we're good as it is (with 4 moves).
If I wanted a RPG game about collecting monsters that allowed more than 4 moves at a time, I'd play a SMT game, thank you very much.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#12Holy_OblivionPosted 4/5/2013 4:00:02 PM
makedounia posted...
pokemon2poker posted...
If it's not broken, don't fix it.

This.

It's broken, so let's make it more broken :)
---
Visit my youtube page for game news, vids, anime, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#13VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/5/2013 4:22:42 PM
Repost of a system I developed for move sets as a solution to make most, if not everyone, happy:

As it stands, we currently can only have four moves on a Pokemon. I think a new system wherein Pokemon retain their previously-learned moves, but only have a limited move set, say 4, just like it currently is, that can be used in battle. We’ll call this the Active Move Set (or AMS, for short). Now, you’re probably thinking “How does this differ from what we have now?” Well, here’s the answer: They also have access to all the Moves they’ve previously learned outside of battle (Cut, Flash, Sweet Scent, etc.), via their Passive Move Pool (or PMP, for short). (I was going to call it the Passive Move Set, but the acronym… Yeah… “Pool” it is…)

Further, while you are at a PokeCenter, you have the option of swapping out Moves in the AMS (say, from a PC) with any Move that Pokemon has learned. You go into the menu, select the Pokemon, and select a Move. You will then be given an option to swap out that Move for another one from the PMP.

This system would allow for the elimination of an HM/TM Slave, or, if they are still necessary as an HM/TM Slave, it would still allow that Pokemon to have a battle-viable Move Set, without an HM/TM wasting a valuable AMS slot.

Obviously, new Moves that you gain via level-up would still replace a Move in the AMS, and you couldn’t switch it back out until you reached a PokeCenter. If, however, you choose NOT to learn that Move at the time of leveling up, or if you don’t evolve your Pokemon until a certain level so they can learn a Move they don’t learn until after their usual evolution-level but sacrificing another Move they would learn had they evolved at their usual level, you would be required to visit a Move Tutor to learn that Move.

So, for example, let’s say you want to an unevolved Pokemon to learn a Move that they don’t learn until Level 30, but they evolve at 25, AND their evolved form learns a different Move at Level 26, to get that Level 26 Move, you would have to visit a Move Tutor.

(Does that all make sense? I know there are a few run-ons there, but I tried to keep it fairly clear…)

---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#14ThatKippPosted 4/5/2013 4:25:22 PM
It's broken, so let's make it more broken :)

That's only 6v6 single battles. Singles are broken, and so Smogon is there to fix them to the point of at least being playable.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#15SilverSockPosted 4/5/2013 4:33:16 PM
Some Pokemon become absurdly broken, no longer victim to 4-slot syndrome.

Others cry as they now have two more slots to fill with trash.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#16JunpeiHermesPosted 4/5/2013 4:41:25 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Repost of a system I developed for move sets as a solution to make most, if not everyone, happy:

As it stands, we currently can only have four moves on a Pokemon. I think a new system wherein Pokemon retain their previously-learned moves, but only have a limited move set, say 4, just like it currently is, that can be used in battle. We’ll call this the Active Move Set (or AMS, for short). Now, you’re probably thinking “How does this differ from what we have now?” Well, here’s the answer: They also have access to all the Moves they’ve previously learned outside of battle (Cut, Flash, Sweet Scent, etc.), via their Passive Move Pool (or PMP, for short). (I was going to call it the Passive Move Set, but the acronym… Yeah… “Pool” it is…)

Further, while you are at a PokeCenter, you have the option of swapping out Moves in the AMS (say, from a PC) with any Move that Pokemon has learned. You go into the menu, select the Pokemon, and select a Move. You will then be given an option to swap out that Move for another one from the PMP.

This system would allow for the elimination of an HM/TM Slave, or, if they are still necessary as an HM/TM Slave, it would still allow that Pokemon to have a battle-viable Move Set, without an HM/TM wasting a valuable AMS slot.

Obviously, new Moves that you gain via level-up would still replace a Move in the AMS, and you couldn’t switch it back out until you reached a PokeCenter. If, however, you choose NOT to learn that Move at the time of leveling up, or if you don’t evolve your Pokemon until a certain level so they can learn a Move they don’t learn until after their usual evolution-level but sacrificing another Move they would learn had they evolved at their usual level, you would be required to visit a Move Tutor to learn that Move.

So, for example, let’s say you want to an unevolved Pokemon to learn a Move that they don’t learn until Level 30, but they evolve at 25, AND their evolved form learns a different Move at Level 26, to get that Level 26 Move, you would have to visit a Move Tutor.

(Does that all make sense? I know there are a few run-ons there, but I tried to keep it fairly clear…)

It might work
---
"Here lies a great franchise, killed by corporate hunger. Farewell, Megaman, we wish you get equipped with Metal Blades in heaven"-Megaman Tombstone
#17MalkyeaImbakPosted 4/5/2013 5:05:59 PM
6 moves..mew returns to Uber