This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Ash an idiot?

#21EstheimasterPosted 4/5/2013 5:46:49 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Estheimaster posted...

I like Ash because he's a nice guy who genuinely cares about Pokémon. I like how he uses his ones he has for their heart, and not for their power.

Power of friendship is a common theme for shows, but when the friendship and belief itself by an idiot overpowers almost all forms of hard work, intelligent decisions, and training by other trainers it gets stupid.

"The Heart of the Cards" in Yu-gi-oh, belief in his deck and his monsters, amounts to little more then cheating to draw whatever cards he needs to win when he needs it. Ash's technique is essentially the same.

I stopped reading the Rave Master manga when the main character was killed by a far superior opponent then he was brought back to life in full health LITERALLY "by the power of friendship" and handily defeated the villain he had no chance against before.

How is summoning a card to win a card game similar to Ash? He legitimately wins battles using strategy and unique methods. Rarely will his Pokemon overpower much larger ones without strategy. If his battles were just like the video game, they would be simple matters of just spamming the right attack. Boring!
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#22DarkKirby2500Posted 4/5/2013 5:50:32 PM(edited)
Estheimaster posted...

How is summoning a card to win a card game similar to Ash? He legitimately wins battles using strategy and unique methods. Rarely will his Pokemon overpower much larger ones without strategy. If his battles were just like the video game, they would be simple matters of just spamming the right attack. Boring!

I have lost count of how many times Ash's Pokemon is on the ropes then he talks about how much he believes in them and they suddenly make a huge comeback with frontal attacks which were previously ineffective that his opponent suddenly can't dodge anymore and goes down in 1 or 2 hits.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#23EstheimasterPosted 4/5/2013 5:57:38 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Estheimaster posted...

I have lost count of how many times Ash's Pokemon is on the ropes then he talks about how much he believes in them and they suddenly make a huge comeback with frontal attacks which were previously ineffective that his opponent suddenly can't dodge anymore and goes down in 1 or 2 hits.

Blaze activates!

Seriously, Ash isn't the only one to do it and there is some psychological study about how you can pull the most energy from the worst situations. And in the recent episodes I watched , usually this believing led to a new way of attacking that was superior to previous methods. The only reason he won his 8th Unova badge was because Static activated and Pikachu suddenly had an advantage and a powered up Electro Ball (lower speed when paralysed). He didn't cheat Garbodor shouldn't have slapped Pikachu with Doubleslap so much Static was bound to happen!
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#24VoidEnvoyPosted 4/5/2013 5:58:28 PM
Marbychu posted...
1. Grass Knot. It CAN learn it.
2. Despite what you think, Pikagod CAN take a hit. Even if it needs to sacrifice Light Ball for a Focus Sash, Pikagod will still get its revenge.
3. Same as two. Plus, most priority moves are weak.

Gliscor still perfectly counters it. It easily tanks multiple hits from Grass Knot and promptly Earthquakes Pika"god" to oblivion.

Can we stop talking in spoilers? I know started it, but I'd like to stop if this conversation/debate continues.
---
Roughly the size of a barge! -Gaston
#25DarkKirby2500Posted 4/5/2013 6:26:34 PM(edited)
Estheimaster posted...

Blaze activates!

Seriously, Ash isn't the only one to do it and there is some psychological study about how you can pull the most energy from the worst situations. And in the recent episodes I watched , usually this believing led to a new way of attacking that was superior to previous methods. The only reason he won his 8th Unova badge was because Static activated and Pikachu suddenly had an advantage and a powered up Electro Ball (lower speed when paralysed). He didn't cheat Garbodor shouldn't have slapped Pikachu with Doubleslap so much Static was bound to happen!

He won his 8th badge for multiple stupid reasons.

For 1 thing Roxie cured Ash's Pokemon of Poison.

And 2nd, it was ridiculously obvious that Garbodor should not have grabbed Pikachu with his arms for any kind of extended period of time because Pikachu can use the contact to electrocute you. What, she's never fought and electric type before and knows nothing about Pikachu? Roxie's decision making abilities suddenly made a U-Turn so Ash could win. In fact, when Pikachu came out, I ALREADY KNEW THAT'S WHAT WOULD HAPPEN (was literally saying to myself, "she's going to tell Garbodor to grab Pikuchu so Ash can win isn't she", and it's actually the 1st thing she does) because Ash WAS going to win. If she stuck to the ranged attacks she had readily available and used successfully on his other Pokemon she should have won. All of a sudden, when Pikachu comes out, she decided to tell Garbodor to grab him and hold him in the air.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#26LexifoxPosted 4/5/2013 6:23:14 PM
ITT: We argue the logic of a cartoon aimed at young children.

Also Roxie probably never battled a Pikachu before or something they're extremely rare and native to Kanto only.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod