This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nintendo should really do a Pokemon X Dragon Quest game

#1ChevelIePosted 4/6/2013 8:36:35 AM
It has a lot f potential, Dragon Quest Monsters is already close to Pokemon so these series would work very well together
---
Open fire
#2PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/6/2013 8:44:29 AM
Game mechanics are completely different. They'd have to use one system or the other, or just make a system from scatch that makes both mesh together somehow without alienating either fanbase.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#3dwdwdw6Posted 4/6/2013 8:54:54 AM
Liquid Metal Grimer.
#4Serebii from SPPPosted 4/6/2013 8:56:30 AM(edited)
Na, what I'm hoping for is Pocket Monsters Hunter. However instead of you being a person who uses weapons on Pokémon, you send out Pokémon to defeat them there, like sending out a Scizor against one, which you then control.

That'd own Japan if it was created
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#5mralpha543Posted 4/6/2013 8:58:39 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Na, what I'm hoping for is Pocket Monsters Hunter. However instead of you being a person who uses weapons on Pokémon, you send out Pokémon to defeat them there, like sending out a Scizor against one, which you then control.

Yup, I mention this anytime people start brainstorming ideas for crossovers. Pokketo Monsuta Hanta would kill (no pun intended).
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#6ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:04:04 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Game mechanics are completely different. They'd have to use one system or the other, or just make a system from scatch that makes both mesh together somehow without alienating either fanbase.

They could easily reach a middle ground, it's a crossover game not part of a Pokemon Gen.
---
Open fire
#7ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:13:41 AM

Sorry but I cant see Pikachu attacking the bland monsters that Monster Hunter has, the worlds and creatures of Pokemon and Dragon Quest would actually blend together. Drago Quest is also much more popular and marketable than Monster Hunter, the Japanese would go insane for a game where Pikachu and Slime can be in the same party battling together
---
Open fire
#8Serebii from SPPPosted 4/6/2013 9:16:48 AM
ChevelIe posted...

Sorry but I cant see Pikachu attacking the bland monsters that Monster Hunter has, the worlds and creatures of Pokemon and Dragon Quest would actually blend together. Drago Quest is also much more popular and marketable than Monster Hunter, the Japanese would go insane for a game where Pikachu and Slime can be in the same party battling together

No, it'd be a crossover in the sense of Mystery Dungeon and Conquest. Pokémon at the heart, but the gameplay mechanics of the others. Instead of a big 20 foot dinosaur, you find say a Groudon
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#9ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:29:52 AM
ChevelIe posted...

No, it'd be a crossover in the sense of Mystery Dungeon and Conquest. Pokémon at the heart, but the gameplay mechanics of the others. Instead of a big 20 foot dinosaur, you find say a Groudon

Then what you want is a Pokemon sub-series that uses Monster Hunter inspired gameplay, not a true crossover. If Nintendo actually does do a crossover, it should be one that's worth pursuing. And Pokemon X Dragon Quest not only would be huge in Japan but has a good chance of being exactly whats needed to make Dragon Quest popular outside of Japan with Pokemon's worldwide popularity.
---
Open fire
#10NessEggmanPosted 4/6/2013 9:32:45 AM
What would be the difference between Pokemon X Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest Monsters? They just have Pokemon instead of the creatures from DQ? So you would just want Pokemon with DQ mechanics...?
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."