This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gen had your favorite starters?

#41RecinoPosted 4/9/2013 1:33:35 AM
Gen 2, I found every starter useful, and cool to look at. Bonus, it was the only gen to have all pure type starters.
1 was the original and is still awesome.
3, I liked it.
5, well we got samurott, he's pretty cool. Serperior was okay. The tepig family can die in a hole.
4? Lol, I don't remember it. I mean, I know who they were, but none of them were terribly memorable, for me anyway. Also the chimchar family is ugly as hell.

2>1>3>5>4
---
Slow down, buddy! Just because people can read it doesn't mean it isn't crap!
#42King-gamerPosted 4/9/2013 1:53:16 AM
Infernape was the only good starter.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#43Hierarchy225Posted 4/9/2013 2:31:33 AM
Aesthetically: Gen 2
Feraligatr, and Typhlosion
Competitively: Gen 3
Swampert, Blaziken, and Sceptile
#44KitschgardenerPosted 4/9/2013 2:33:16 AM
Gen 4 because it's the only Gen where all 3 starters are viable options.

Really? I found Gen 3 to have three very competent starters, and those would be my favourite set overall.

Making the Grass starter a hit-and-run speedster made sense considering Grass's weakness too many to go defensive. The then-new Fire/Fighting combination was an inspired combination for wallbreaking (considering SkarmBliss and good neutral coverage overall) and has been the standard for Fire starters ever since. Swampert was given a typing that is not only great defensively but great offensively, and giving it the then-highest offensive power of any evolved Water starter made it an amazing package.

I thought Gen 4's were good (especially Infernape) but the dual-typing, if anything, crippled Torterra (can't switch into Waters for fear of Ice attacks, EdgeQuake resist nice but a pure-Grass would threaten Rocks and Grounds anyway) and Empoleon (apparently defensively-built yet wishes it wasn't weak to all-too-common Ground and Fighting).
#45CrystalTsubakiPosted 4/9/2013 2:44:16 AM
Gen 1 with gen 2 coming up close behind
#46banana360Posted 4/9/2013 2:57:48 AM
Geez...
Gen I had Blastoise...
Gen II had... Feraligtr
Gen III, all were were pretty useful.
Gen IV Had Empoleon, and Torterra.
Gen V had Samurott and... Samurott...

So... I'd say III IV being a 2nd. Which is really weird considering I felt those 2 were the weakest Gens.
---
This reminds me of English classes where we'd put bulls*** meanings to things the that the authors didn't intend. - curryandrice
#47MidniteZoruaPosted 4/9/2013 3:10:37 AM
Either Gen3 or Gen4. Tough decision...
---
"This isn't the Ask Auntie Pandora Hour!" ~ Pandora, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#48reaverzPosted 4/9/2013 3:30:29 AM
Same as you, TC. Gen IV was the only generation where I raised at least one of the three starter lines. Their rare type combinations made them very interesting, and their base stats were optimized for battle performance, making them fun to use.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#49AugustDreamingPosted 4/9/2013 3:32:01 AM
Gen 4

I love all three starters (Piplup the most)
---
White 2 FC ( Belle ) - 0562 6193 3719
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#50Trailblazer34Posted 4/9/2013 3:43:49 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Gen 3.