This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So according to Pokemon.com, it's a NEW Pokemon, not a form

#21dragonkingdomPosted 4/6/2013 4:55:43 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Another quote
" It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…"

They never talked about new forms like this.

Yes but they also never introduced new forms 5 generations after the original form. New forms always showed up in the same generation so using that as your argument is rather weak.
---
"I, Garland, will give pedicures at prices less than or equal to that of leading competitors!"
#22R0cks0l1ddPosted 4/6/2013 4:56:57 PM
They said the same thing for Black and White Kyurem, this mightn't any different.
---
Official everything of every board.
#23Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/6/2013 4:58:12 PM
Read the story in the box below. Click the arrow.

It is suspected that the newly discovered Pokemon has some sort of connection with the Legendary Mewtwo--a powerful Pokemon that first appeared in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions.
To find this powerful and mysterious Pokemon in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions, you must first enter the Hall of Fame, them travel deep into Cerulean Cave. At the time of its discovery, Mewtwo reigned as the most powerful Pokemon that could be found!
Mewtwo was created by engineering the genes of another powerful Pokemon, the Mythical Mew. The aim was to create a Pokemon that would be mightier in battle than any other!
As recently as Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, you could capture Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, just as you could in Pokemon Red and Blue Versions. The power of Mewtwo stands the test of time--it is still considered one of the strongest Pokemon ever discovered!
Now, a newly discovered Pokemon appears in Pokemon X and Y--a Pokemon that bears a curious resemblance to the Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo!

They're really emphasizing the point that Newtwo is a newly discovered Pokemon that looks like Mewtwo, but is not him.
#24vchu8Posted 4/6/2013 4:59:21 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
They said the same thing for Black and White Kyurem, this mightn't any different.

Nah, they didn't. They were pretty explicit from when B/W Kyurem were revealed that those were alternate forms. This is the first alt form that wasn't shadowed out that they haven't outright confirmed is an alt form. The only other ones beforehand that I can think of are the Rotom forms, and that was only while they were silhouettes.
#25R0cks0l1ddPosted 4/6/2013 5:08:26 PM(edited)
vchu8 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

Nah, they didn't. They were pretty explicit from when B/W Kyurem were revealed that those were alternate forms. This is the first alt form that wasn't shadowed out that they haven't outright confirmed is an alt form. The only other ones beforehand that I can think of are the Rotom forms, and that was only while they were silhouettes.

I'm pretty sure it was stated they were new Pokemon in Japan at first, as with most forms. Their names weren't revealed at the time of the announcement on Pokemon Smash and they were later revealed on the Japanese site.

Edit: Found this from Jayman

http://serebii.net/archive/February-2012.shtml

Edit: Junichi Masuda has revealed the names of Kyurem's new forms via his Twitter account. The forms are simply called Black Kyurem & White Kyurem, though he interestingly lists them as seperate Pokémon

---
Official everything of every board.
#26Serebii from SPPPosted 4/6/2013 5:08:08 PM
R0cks0l1dd posted...
vchu8 posted...
R0cks0l1dd posted...

I'm pretty sure it was stated they were new Pokemon in Japan at first, as with most forms. Their names weren't revealed at the time of the announcement on Pokemon Smash and they were later revealed on the Japanese site.

This is correct.

Besides, this Pokémon replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster. It's most likely Mewtwo
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!