This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Form or New Pokemon

#1Finale_WandererPosted 4/6/2013 6:02:26 PM
The guys at Kotaku are insisting it's a new pokemon but Serebii.net says it's a new form.
---
Recently supporting Sony products again. Just got a PS3 and a PSP.
#2IndianaJones65Posted 4/6/2013 6:02:57 PM
serebii is always right
---
GameFAQs Win/Loss Record: 16/30 ; FCs in profile.
#3ThatKippPosted 4/6/2013 6:03:13 PM
lolkotaku.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/6/2013 6:03:29 PM
Its your starter for Pokemon Z.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#5Relient_KPosted 4/6/2013 6:04:47 PM
The pokemon twitter called it a new pokemon. I'm taking that literally.
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#6gules222Posted 4/6/2013 6:08:04 PM
Finale_Wanderer posted...
The guys at Kotaku are insisting it's a new pokemon but Serebii.net says it's a new form.

Serebii doesn't say it's a new form. He says he suspects it could be a new form because they have stated that other forms are "new Pokemon" in the past. But, the key point to be made here is in the past, (Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem) they have stated they are going to reveal a new Pokemon, but once it had been revealed they flat out said it was a new form. Sure, they categorized Kyurem's forms as new Pokemon initially, but they also DID identify them as Kyurem. This Pokemon has not been identified as Mewtwo and in fact, the official site states that it is "similar to Mewtwo, but not the same." Serebii is judging his information based solely on what they have done in the past, which could very well be, but at this point, there is not enough information for anyone to believe that just because Serebii says it that it is true. I personally don't see the point of the site saying it is a different pokemon and not the same as Mewtwo if it was just going to be an alternate form. That would completely underwhelm the announcement.
---
Currently Playing: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, MGS4
Waiting to Play: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Pikmin 3, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
#7R0cks0l1ddPosted 4/6/2013 6:09:07 PM
Relient_K posted...
The pokemon twitter called it a new pokemon. I'm taking that literally.

Like they for say for every new form.
---
Official everything of every board.
#8ShiningRegicePosted 4/6/2013 6:10:35 PM
gules222 posted...

Serebii doesn't say it's a new form. He says he suspects it could be a new form because they have stated that other forms are "new Pokemon" in the past. But, the key point to be made here is in the past, (Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem) they have stated they are going to reveal a new Pokemon, but once it had been revealed they flat out said it was a new form. Sure, they categorized Kyurem's forms as new Pokemon initially, but they also DID identify them as Kyurem. This Pokemon has not been identified as Mewtwo and in fact, the official site states that it is "similar to Mewtwo, but not the same." Serebii is judging his information based solely on what they have done in the past, which could very well be, but at this point, there is not enough information for anyone to believe that just because Serebii says it that it is true. I personally don't see the point of the site saying it is a different pokemon and not the same as Mewtwo if it was just going to be an alternate form. That would completely underwhelm the announcement.

Yeah, but with those 3 examples, they said it was a new pokemon BEFORE showing it. They already showed this thing, and if it was going to be a new form, why wait any longer? I think they are holding it back because it is MUCH MUCH more.
---
W2 FC: 0261 8506 3044
#9gules222Posted 4/6/2013 6:14:48 PM
ShiningRegice posted...
gules222 posted...

Yeah, but with those 3 examples, they said it was a new pokemon BEFORE showing it. They already showed this thing, and if it was going to be a new form, why wait any longer? I think they are holding it back because it is MUCH MUCH more.

Why did you quote my post? I stated exactly what you said just in a longer version. I said my personal opinion is that they probably would have stated it was a new forme with the reveal like they have in the past if this was really a new form. I think it is more than just that, same as you.
---
Currently Playing: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, MGS4
Waiting to Play: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Pikmin 3, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
#10xLinkkuPosted 4/6/2013 6:16:19 PM
The official trailer description as well as the twitter say it's a new Pokemon. I trust that this is true considering its official.
---
Official Fennekin of the Pokemon X/Y boards
3DS FC: Bryan 4296-3998-3033