This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Form or New Pokemon

#21Twilight_SonataPosted 4/7/2013 1:21:51 AM(edited)
Serebii from SPP posted...
Not in Pokémon. Each movie has had a focus on the titular character in the poster. It's illogical to think they'd just remove Mewtwo from it. Seriously.

I'm honestly not sure why you're so resistant to the idea. Plenty of other movies do it, and nothing prevents a Pokemon movie from doing it if it wants to. If you want a recent example, look up "Iron Man 3 Poster" in Google Images. You'll get plenty of posters that the title character is not in.

No, but in past instances, it has been forms

Yes, but in other past instances, it has not been forms. That's all I'm saying. Both things have happened before, so there's no particular point in clinging to one specifically.

That's because people just pay attention to the pretty pictures.

I don't go to your forums if that's what you mean. I do, however, read what on your main page, and I see nothing there about any Eclair form, just you saying that you thought it looked like it might be a Mewtwo form. There's mention of some translated Eclair form somewhere? Great, please send me a link, as I would love to read about it, but it's not anywhere on your main page's news feed or anywhere else that I typically read.

Seriously, why are people STILL doubting me. Have I not proven myself countless times?

You really don't have to play that card. Nobody here is disrespecting you. Unless you have more information that you're not telling us, though, you're no more immune to using bad logic as anybody else. Chill out, you know we love you. ^_~
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#22Serebii from SPPPosted 4/7/2013 1:25:54 AM(edited)
wind64a posted...
Well it is possible that "Newtwo" could be similar to the Legendary Beasts in the Zoroark movie, or even Celebi in the same movie. They don't always feature just one Pokémon, in spite of the names.

Personally I do think it looks enough like Mewtwo that it is likely to still be a new form, but we'll have to wait and see.

And you do tend to be fairly accurate for the most part. This is merely speculation.

Yes, there are always other Pokémon in the movies, but they'd never replace the titular Pokémon on the movie poster, that's the point I'm making.

Twilight_Sonata posted...

I'm honestly not sure why you're so resistant to the idea. Plenty of other movies do it, and nothing prevents a Pokemon movie from doing it if it wants to. If you want a recent example, look up "Iron Man 3 Poster" in Google Images. You'll get plenty of posters that the title character is not in.

Yes, but in other past instances, it has not been forms. That's all I'm saying. Both things have happened before, so there's no particular point in clinging to one specifically.

I don't go to your forums if that's what you mean. I do, however, read what on your main page, and I see nothing there about any Eclair form, just you saying that you thought it looked like it might be a Mewtwo form. There's mention of some translated Eclair form somewhere? Great, please send me a link, as I would love to read about it, but it's not anywhere on your main page's news feed or anywhere else that I typically read.

Seriously, why are people STILL doubting me. Have I not proven myself countless times?

You really don't have to play that card. Nobody here is disrespecting you. Unless you have more information that you're not telling us, though, you're no more immune to using bad logic as anybody else. Chill out, you know we love you. ^_~

Yes it has occurred in other movies, but not Pokémon ones. If it wasn't Mewtwo and it was destined to be replaced in the movie, then they'd have done what they've always done and had the new Pokémon as the focus. This isn't bad logic at all.

As for Éclair Forme, as I said, it was on the original leak, not on the site. As I said, I didn't post it due to lack of evidence and the possibility of it just being a poster speculating

---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#23PeteZaHutxPosted 4/7/2013 1:24:15 AM
ThatKipp posted...
lolkotaku.
#24FuneralCakePosted 4/7/2013 1:26:37 AM
So yeah, where/when did this "Eclair Forme" thing happen? I've never heard of this until just now.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#25Serebii from SPPPosted 4/7/2013 1:30:37 AM
FuneralCake posted...
So yeah, where/when did this "Eclair Forme" thing happen? I've never heard of this until just now.

It was on the original 2ch leak
---
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#26Twilight_SonataPosted 4/7/2013 1:31:00 AM
Yes it has occurred in other movies, but not Pokémon ones. If it wasn't Mewtwo and it was destined to be replaced in the movie, then they'd have done what they've always done and had the new Pokémon as the focus. This isn't bad logic at all.

Come on now, you have to admit that it's nowhere near rock solid.

As for Éclair Forme, as I said, it was on the original leak, not on the site. As I said, I didn't post it due to lack of evidence and the possibility of it just being a poster speculating

Well then we can't be blamed for not knowing something that not even you yourself posted, now can we? Meaning that not knowing about it has nothing to do with only looking at the pretty pictures rather than reading.
---
#27Serebii from SPPPosted 4/7/2013 1:34:15 AM
Come on now, you have to admit that it's nowhere near rock solid.

No, it actually fits perfectly. This is Japan, and Pokémon where merchandising is key. It's a lot different to western films where they often do one poster for a specific character.

Well then we can't be blamed for not knowing something that not even you yourself posted, now can we? Meaning that not knowing about it has nothing to do with only looking at the pretty pictures rather than reading.

Never said you were to blame...I was just providing an interesting fact that I remembered this morning
---
#28El_GigantoPosted 4/7/2013 1:34:43 AM
Quote:Serebii from SPP posted...
Not in Pokémon. Each movie has had a focus on the titular character in the poster. It's illogical to think they'd just remove Mewtwo from it. Seriously.

You really don't have to play that card. Nobody here is disrespecting you. Unless you have more information that you're not telling us, though, you're no more immune to using bad logic as anybody else.

@Twilight_Sonata
Serebii's point is that it makes more sense to be a new form than a new Pokemon. Your point is that Serebii doesn't have to be right. It's kinda annoying and unnecessary. It's fairly obvious that it looks like that abomination is a new form rather than a new Pokemon.

The original poster is literally everyone who will be in the movie and focused on the title of the movie and the story of the movie. Mewtwo vs. Genesect. Why would they remove the main character and replace it with a new side kick? If it was a new Pokemon they would be both on the poster. It just doesn't make sense to remove the original Mewtwo.
---
FC Utrecht
#29Twilight_SonataPosted 4/7/2013 1:52:09 AM(edited)
No, it actually fits perfectly. This is Japan, and Pokémon where merchandising is key. It's a lot different to western films where they often do one poster for a specific character.

Yes, Pokemon would never do something like that like putting completely different characters on the cover of the same game... But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Never said you were to blame.

Condescending to people that you insinuate are stupid and just looking at the pretty pictures makes it kind of seem that way.
Either way, if you still have whatever link to the talk of this Eclair Form, then I'd love to read it.

El_Giganto posted...
Your point is that Serebii doesn't have to be right.

No, that is a malicious mischaracterization of my point. My point is just that I think that it makes more sense for it to be a new Pokemon rather than a new form and that much of the evidence offered for the latter lacks the definite-ness that people claim. Serebii himself has nothing to do with it. I have nothing against Serebii and in fact have nothing but respect for him, exactly because he's not the kind of person to let the popularity of his site go to his head.

It's fairly obvious that it looks like that abomination is a new form rather than a new Pokemon.

Sure, just like it was fairly obvious Alomamola was going to be a Luvdisc evolution, but "fairly obvious" doesn't cut it. We all know what it "looks" like, but that's simply not enough, especially not when we're talking about a Pokemon that already looks like it is, and story-line wise actually is, related to another Pokemon.

If it was a new Pokemon they would be both on the poster. It just doesn't make sense to remove the original Mewtwo.

If I had to speculate, there will probably be another version of the poster with both of them on it (regardless of whether it's a new form or new Pokemon or whatever). As far as movies in general go, it happens pretty often that the first poster released does not end up being the final main poster, often exactly because the final main poster reveals things that they still want to keep secret when they release the initial one. That this has supposedly never happened with Pokemon is news to me but doesn't particularly sway me one way or the other. I'm honestly still far more curious to just read where this Eclair form came from. That's the only piece of this sounding particularly definitive.
---
#30Serebii from SPPPosted 4/7/2013 1:53:17 AM(edited)

Yes, Pokemon would never do something like that like putting completely different characters on the cover of the same game... But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Never said you were to blame.

Condescending to people that you insinuate are stupid and just looking at the pretty pictures makes it kind of seem that way.
Either way, if you still have whatever link to the talk of this Eclair Form, then I'd love to read it.

The movie posters are different. They have NEVER removed a main Pokémon from it. NEVER.

I do apologise if it seemed condescending, that wasn't my intent. The pretty pictures thing was more in reference to myself, as that's how I went about it.

Here's the 2ch link, but it's really not much, it just says "Éclair Forme" then links to the images

http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1364477851/547
---