This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There has to be DLC that includes a side story with Mewthree

#11UponADarkThornePosted 4/6/2013 8:31:01 PM
I do believe there will be DLC for Pokemon XY.

I also believe it will be like the DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening and the new Mystery Dungeon game; i.e.: completely optional, not part of the main game, and you're not losing anything if you don't have it.

Complaining about DLC like that is silly as hell.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#12MagikarpRulesPosted 4/6/2013 8:38:19 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...

I also believe it will be like the DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening and the new Mystery Dungeon game; i.e.: completely optional, not part of the main game, and you're not losing anything if you don't have it.

Well, if it's DLC with no real impact on the game (like the extra berries from Gen 3, with the e-reader), sure, go ahead. If they have DLC that includes some TM or Pokemon, I'll likely rage. Hard.
#13KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/6/2013 8:46:25 PM

Yeah, how dare that 8 yr old boy complain that he can't obtain his favorite pokemon? If he can't afford the DLC, or convince his parents to get it, he should just play something else!
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#141_DerPosted 4/6/2013 8:46:30 PM
If this game gets DLC, after their justification for denouncing a mmo.... I will be truly disappointed.
---
Master Gamer.
#15UponADarkThornePosted 4/6/2013 10:38:06 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...

Yeah, how dare that 8 yr old boy complain that he can't obtain his favorite pokemon? If he can't afford the DLC, or convince his parents to get it, he should just play something else!

If there is paid DLC, where people can't get their favorite Pokemon, it's a fairly legitimate reason to complain - although he should be able to import it from previous games.

However, complaining about something like... a new cave, that has Kanto bird trio with their Dream World abilities, or allows you to tour the Rare Candy factory that allows you to get a free Rare Candy a day, complaining about it reeks of entitlement and makes me if people have ever played a PC game in their life or remember expansion packs (some of which were glorified DLC).
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#16nro87Posted 4/6/2013 10:45:01 PM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
If by DLC you mean an event, sure.

This. If pokemon starts charging things beyond the main story/regional dex I'm done.

DLC is one of the worst elements in gaming today...imo.

People who complain about DLC as a whole like you annoy the hell out of me. On disc DLC sucks. Having to pay to unlock something you already bought is ridiculous. However, DLC like in Call of Duty and Borderlands is nothing to complain about. The games can still be fun and completed without it. It's an option for continued play.

Take Gearbox and the Borderlands franchise, for instance. Secret Armory of General Knoxx? Fantastic. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage? EXPLOSIONS?!?!! Amazing. If you have problems with developers releasing amazing games, then creating extra content to make them even more amazing and asking to be paid for that extra work, then you have a serious problem.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#17Lord_ProsperPosted 4/6/2013 10:53:28 PM

So instead of paying $.99 to get DLC, it would be better for said 8 year old to have to purchase a $40 game instead? Sound logic you have there.
#18KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/7/2013 7:00:24 AM
nro87 posted...
UltimaZangetsu posted...
If by DLC you mean an event, sure.

This. If pokemon starts charging things beyond the main story/regional dex I'm done.

DLC is one of the worst elements in gaming today...imo.

People who complain about DLC as a whole like you annoy the hell out of me. On disc DLC sucks. Having to pay to unlock something you already bought is ridiculous. However, DLC like in Call of Duty and Borderlands is nothing to complain about. The games can still be fun and completed without it. It's an option for continued play.

Take Gearbox and the Borderlands franchise, for instance. Secret Armory of General Knoxx? Fantastic. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage? EXPLOSIONS?!?!! Amazing. If you have problems with developers releasing amazing games, then creating extra content to make them even more amazing and asking to be paid for that extra work, then you have a serious problem.

Ugh. I apologize for your anger issues. I'll also apologize for not being specific in my posts. On-disc DLC is exactly what I was referring to. That was indeed my fault. The "example" involving the kid player was badly worded sarcasm(see sig).

As for being annoyed by complaints about dlc, I suggest meditation. Calm your mind, and you'll eventually realize others' opinions a rarely worth getting upset over. Anyways, don't hate me, I have cookies!
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.