This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So all the Pokemon families shown in the gameplay clips for X & Y so far are

#1DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/7/2013 1:52:07 AM
No need to thank me.

Pikachu line
Machop line
Psyduck line
Shellder line
Magikarp line
Eevee family
Snorlax line
Dratini line
Gligar line
Sneasel line
Ralts family
Makuhita line
Zangoose
Cranidos line
Patrat line
Pansear line (other elemental monkeys will probably be in as well)
Audino
Sandile line
Litwick line
Mienfoo line
Golett line
Genesect
Chespin line
Fennekin line
Froakie line
Xerneas
Yveltal
Newtwo

A grand total of 71 Pokémon so far, assuming the starters each evolve twice. At this rate we'll catch up to PMD:GTI!

The trailers seem to show a huge slant to Gens I and V. Only 6 Pokémon families are shown from Gens II-IV. Do you fellas think this will be the same in the final release, or is it some sort of marketing thing? Or maybe a humongous coincidence?

Maybe Mewtwo/Newtwo will (both?) be in the regional Pokédex, but it would be unprecedented for a legendary to appear in the regional Pokédex for a next-gen game. Same with Genesect.

There's also the matter of whether all the Pokémon shown will be in the regional Pokédex. I think they will be, but there's no confirmation of course.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#2ArmandoXIIIlPosted 4/7/2013 1:53:57 AM
have xerneas and yveltal actually been shown battling? or only in the initial trailer when they were confirmed as light and sound types respectively
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
#3DoctorJimmy133(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 1:56:13 AM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
have xerneas and yveltal actually been shown battling? or only in the initial trailer when they were confirmed as light and sound types respectively

Well, no, but if they're not in the regional dex I'll eat a Muk XD
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.