This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

***OFFICIAL Newtwo Appreciation Thread!!!***

#1SakurafanboyPosted 4/7/2013 6:37:21 AM
I'm so sick of seeing people bash on it. Yes, you can dislike it. That's the wonder of opinions. I'm not asking for everyone to stop and praise it. Even for me there's stuff I don't quite like about it design-wise (the toes just don't seem appropriate for its design). However, I think that the hate is getting a little out of hand.

We don't know its stats, its type (obviously it'll be psychic, but they could add a secondary type), how to get it, its moves, and other stuff. There's a lot about it shrouded in mystery that I think some of the hate (not all of it, mind you) is a little unwarranted. I do think there's great potential from Newtwo.

So I made this topic for speculation on those things and for us to just enjoy Newtwo without - hopefully at least - getting bombarded by haters and trolls hating on it for whatever reason. This is a place for people who do like it or at the very least are open-minded about its potential even if they're fans of it yet per say.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2ColtCababaPosted 4/7/2013 6:39:29 AM
Meh, it looks like a girl.

But a...cool one.

...That didn't come out as I expected.
---
Tonight, the Ayatollah of Roggenrola faces the Pokemon whom no one can pronounce his name correctly, at BattleMania 29.
#3MoonLightCloudPosted 4/7/2013 6:45:20 AM
Looks way better than Sylveon.

Anyway, I actually really like the upper body, the lower body bothers me a little, but not too much. I like its head/tail thing, lol.

It looks like it could possibly be Light type (if that actually happens), but yea, I'm very curious to find out if it actually is an awakened Mewtwo or a Mewthree, or something totally different.

One thing's for sure, I can't wait till they put it in the card game. Honestly, with its lower body not showing, I think it can look really cool.
#4Numbuh100Posted 4/7/2013 6:46:28 AM
Mew

Super Mew

Kid Mew
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Pandora's Tower
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#5SteveBobPosted 4/7/2013 6:56:03 AM
If it becomes God-tier and puts Mewtwo/a version of Mewtwo back at the top of the power-list where it should be I shall be happy. If not then it's still cool but a bit more meh.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#6EidolithPosted 4/7/2013 6:58:42 AM(edited)
I really like it, it looks way better than mewtwo in my opinion, the tube thing on mewtwo's head always creeped me out, and only ever used it in generation one cause it was so strong ( mewtwo rocked in pokemon stadium).

The only thing that i don't really like about newtwo are its feet, they kinda look like male parts...

Wonder if it is indeed a new forme or a new pokemon, though i'm leaning towards a new forme.

I also think it looks more "natural" like what mew would evolve into if it could, instead of something humans had tampered with.
#7ColtCababaPosted 4/7/2013 6:58:38 AM
@Numbuh100 I...love...your sig.
---
Tonight, the Ayatollah of Roggenrola faces the Pokemon whom no one can pronounce his name correctly, at BattleMania 29.
#8imthestuntmanPosted 4/7/2013 7:05:13 AM(edited)
Concept: What if we take the tail off of Mewtwo. And then glue it onto the back of its head. Genius! Everyone will love it! There is no way this could backfire and cause long time fans of the series we are trying to appeal to by making a strange variant on a longstanding favorite to be alienated. Except that is what is happening. If something is stupid I am going to say something. If they dont want me to bash on new pokemon they should put more thought into them than cutting and pasting a tail to being a ponytail, while changing very little else. It does not matter if it is a form or evolution or whatever. It looks awful and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I was already on the fence about buying this game before I saw this abomination. Now unless they can really blow me away its not happening.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#9Sakurafanboy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 7:04:08 AM
imthestuntman posted...
Concept: What if we take the tail off of Mewtwo. And then glue it onto the back of its head. Genius! Everyone will love it! There is no way this could backfire and cause long time fans of the series we are trying to appeal to by making a strange variant on a longstanding favorite could alienate the very fans we are trying to draw in! Except they did. I was already on the fence about buying this game before I saw this abomination. Now unless they can really blow me away its not happening.

So all because 1 Pokemon (a Pokemon that most likely will be optional) you'll avoid X and Y? That's more than just a little ridiculous. I know not every Pokemon fan is going to adopt X and Y immediately, but surely there's better reasons for avoiding them than an optional Pokemon.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#10imthestuntmanPosted 4/7/2013 7:07:52 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
imthestuntman posted...
Concept: What if we take the tail off of Mewtwo. And then glue it onto the back of its head. Genius! Everyone will love it! There is no way this could backfire and cause long time fans of the series we are trying to appeal to by making a strange variant on a longstanding favorite could alienate the very fans we are trying to draw in! Except they did. I was already on the fence about buying this game before I saw this abomination. Now unless they can really blow me away its not happening.

So all because 1 Pokemon (a Pokemon that most likely will be optional) you'll avoid X and Y? That's more than just a little ridiculous. I know not every Pokemon fan is going to adopt X and Y immediately, but surely there's better reasons for avoiding them than an optional Pokemon.

I actually had been planning on probably not buying it to begin with, since the series is getting stale due to advancing less between versions than a call of duty game. Yes, the series is that stagnant. If they didnt give a new generation every iteration people would realize this.

But there was still the outside chance they would unveil something awesome that would blow me away and make me want to buy it. And then they unveiled this. Needless to say I just fell ass backwards off the aforementioned fence I was on.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.