This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A great idea for Game Freak.

#1ColtCababaPosted 4/7/2013 10:09:21 AM
They should take the IV system...

and push it out of all Pokemon games!
---
Tonight, the Ayatollah of Roggenrola faces the Pokemon whom no one can pronounce his name correctly, at BattleMania 29.
#2Meta289Posted 4/7/2013 10:10:09 AM
Competitive base rages.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 4/7/2013 10:11:09 AM
That idea might just be crazy enough...

To get us all killed!

Or perfect the game.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#4ShiningRegicePosted 4/7/2013 10:13:07 AM
The IV system makes a Pokémon unique, so even non-competitive battlers can say: My Jigglypuff has great speed, etc
---
W2 FC: 0261 8506 3044
The official Shiny Regice
#5Meta289Posted 4/7/2013 10:14:08 AM
ShiningRegice posted...
The IV system makes a Pokémon unique, so even non-competitive battlers can say: My Jigglypuff has great speed, etc

Except that the non-competitive people aren't going to dig down into the specifics of their Pokemon to see what their IVs are.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 4/7/2013 10:15:18 AM
ShiningRegice posted...

The IV system makes people breed for literally countless hours just for a single Pokemon with a good nature and "good" IVs.
In the time it takes a "hardcore" player to get a single Pokemon with IVs they want, I could get THREE whole teams done because I only care about Natures.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#7ShiningRegicePosted 4/7/2013 10:15:20 AM
Meta289 posted...
ShiningRegice posted...

Except that the non-competitive people aren't going to dig down into the specifics of their Pokemon to see what their IVs are.

That is why there are the Poke judges, and the things like "Likes to doze off" etc. It is based of IV's, but doesn't tell the player the number. They just think it all has to do with personality.
---
#8ShiningRegicePosted 4/7/2013 10:17:34 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
ShiningRegice posted...

The IV system makes people breed for literally countless hours just for a single Pokemon with a good nature and "good" IVs.
In the time it takes a "hardcore" player to get a single Pokemon with IVs they want, I could get THREE whole teams done because I only care about Natures.

That's why there are mechanics in the game to help you do it faster. It is just a bonus for those who want to breed their own unique Mon. Imagine if all Pokémon were the exact same?
---
#9ShiningRegicePosted 4/7/2013 10:19:14 AM
One more thing. If IV's were thrown out, we wouldn't be able to transfer our older Pokémon to the new games. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, we couldn't transfer because they changed the IV system. You would have to buy all their stuff to get those Pokémon again!
---
#10SlimeStackPosted 4/7/2013 10:19:25 AM
ShiningRegice posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ShiningRegice posted...

That's why there are mechanics in the game to help you do it faster. It is just a bonus for those who want to breed their own unique Mon. Imagine if all Pokémon were the exact same?

Anyone who cares about IVs does have the exact same Pokémon as others using the same build. Anyone who doesn't care or doesn't know about IVs won't appreciate the differences. There's no real reason for IVs to exist.
---
Moo