This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A great idea for Game Freak.

#21ThatPersonGuyPosted 4/7/2013 10:31:56 AM
*Tips up hat*

I'll get rid of yer IV problem...
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#22King-gamerPosted 4/7/2013 10:32:52 AM
Not happenin until the alaskan bull worm is a Pokemon.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#23CakeOfLiesPosted 4/7/2013 10:33:15 AM
ColtCababa posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ColtCababa posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ColtCababa posted...
I guess I'm one of those "hardcore" players, since I've been breeding Corphish for over a month now and still haven't gotten one with good IVs. My then-Level 1 Corphish that I put in the Day Care are almost Level 70 by now.

Yup.
It literally took me days to get a Mudkip with a halfway decent nature.
Even then, it was Jolly. I wanted Adamant.

Should've used an Everstone. Takes no time at all.

Uhh...
My original Swampert didn't have Adamant...
Nothing else I had that could breed with it had Adamant...
My Ditto didn't have Adamant.

What would an Everstone do? Give my Mudkip Timid (old Swampert's nature)?

Then maybe an Adamant Ditto, or anything in the same Egg Group that is opposite gender and has Adamant.

That's what I was looking for while hatching the eggs.
It literally took me days and I still didn't find one.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#24ShiningRegicePosted 4/7/2013 10:33:39 AM
IVs are a Pokémon's trait. Two Heracross have the same base stats (of course), and are ev'd in both attack and speed, and they have the sae nature) One is faster than the other, and one is better at physical offence. It prevents people from having the exact same Pokémon (Unless they breed). Plus the backwards compatibility thing. Search why you can't transfer from Gold/Silver to Ruby and Sapphire. If you toss the IV system out the window now, HUNDREDS of Pokémon will be hard to get.
---
W2 FC: 0261 8506 3044
The official Shiny Regice
#25ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:35:40 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
*Tips up hat*

I'll get rid of yer IV problem...

Good. Also, I want you to bring back Lee Everett for The Walking Dead: Season Two. Have it done by midnight, and I shall have a stack of demons waiting for you at Neuschwanstein.
---
Tonight, the Ayatollah of Roggenrola faces the Pokemon whom no one can pronounce his name correctly, at BattleMania 29.
#26CakeOfLiesPosted 4/7/2013 10:35:42 AM
ShiningRegice posted...
IVs are a Pokémon's trait. Two Heracross have the same base stats (of course), and are ev'd in both attack and speed, and they have the sae nature) One is faster than the other, and one is better at physical offence. It prevents people from having the exact same Pokémon (Unless they breed). Plus the backwards compatibility thing. Search why you can't transfer from Gold/Silver to Ruby and Sapphire. If you toss the IV system out the window now, HUNDREDS of Pokémon will be hard to get.

One has three more Attack, but they both suck because their IVs are both under 27.
Game over. Try again.

Also, you could easily recalculate what a Pokemon's stats would be without their IVs and change them accordingly.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#27ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:37:06 AM
If not get rid of IVs, then they should either make it easier to breed IVs or make it able to breed all 6 IVs.
---
Tonight, the Ayatollah of Roggenrola faces the Pokemon whom no one can pronounce his name correctly, at BattleMania 29.
#28SlimeStackPosted 4/7/2013 10:38:03 AM
ShiningRegice posted...

Anyone who cares about IVs will have two Heracross with 31 in Attack and 31 in Speed. Anyone who doesn't won't be aware there's even a difference. So really there's just no point in making Pokémon different on that level when EVs, natures, abilities and moves provide big obvious differences. Let's not forget that it's never as simple as one Heracross being good at one thing, and one being good at another. One could have 31 all stats, the other could have 0. There's nothing fair about that.

And no, you're wrong about compatibility. Gen 1 and 2 had no problems communicating with the mechanical differences. Gen 3 cut off because there was no way for the GBC and GBA to link together.
---
Moo