This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something that really STANDS OUT in new game footage

#1Balamb00Posted 4/7/2013 4:00:18 PM
In the new footage, we see many of the older Pokemon and to me, hopefully it's just me, they look plain and undefined.

Look at Machamp in Newtwo's footage. Where's the definition of his muscles? He looks like a Muk sitting on top of a poorly designed champions belt. That's a little harsh but you get what I'm saying.

Ramparados looks entirely too bulky. Yes he's not supposed to be proportional but I feel it's completely off.

On the other hand Cloyster looks good and so does Zangoose other then the fact he appears to be in a Smash Brothers trophy room rather than prepared for battle.

I'm not really complaining as I realize the advancement to 3D is a huge change and we still have months before its release and there is plenty of time for touch ups. I am however, worried that some Pokemon will get more attention than others and the game will not feel incomplete and seem rushed.

Does anyone else worry about this? Hey it's a change of discussion over Newtwo :)
#2x_lone_x_wolf_xPosted 4/7/2013 4:02:26 PM
I expect it will be unpolished, and GF will polish it up in gen 7.
---
"He's dead! I love him.... Oh he's breathing.... Loser!"
#3LightningHawk90Posted 4/7/2013 4:11:03 PM
I don't see what you're seeing, they all look fine to me.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#4Balamb00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:37:14 AM
Bump
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/9/2013 7:40:13 AM
They all look fine to me
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#6Arne83Posted 4/9/2013 7:41:02 AM
"Game footage not final"

Learn the meaning of those words.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#7EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 7:41:06 AM
RageKaiser posted...

---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 7:46:46 AM(edited)
Balamb00 posted...
Look at Machamp in Newtwo's footage. Where's the definition of his muscles? He looks like a Muk sitting on top of a poorly designed champions belt. That's a little harsh but you get what I'm saying.

No, I don't. I can make out his pecs and arm muscles, what more does he need?

Ramparados looks entirely too bulky. Yes he's not supposed to be proportional but I feel it's completely off.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/8a/409Rampardos.png
What do you expect?

On the other hand Cloyster looks good and so does Zangoose other then the fact he appears to be in a Smash Brothers trophy room rather than prepared for battle.

Not sure what you mean by this.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9AnclationPosted 4/9/2013 7:47:37 AM
Enferolunos posted...
RageKaiser posted...
#10thealmightydibPosted 4/9/2013 7:52:04 AM
i think this "undefined" look goes with the cell-shading they're doing, we're not getting tons of detailed HD 3D models.
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U