This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hoping Gamefreak tones down the Water types this gen

#11ScottThangPosted 4/7/2013 8:42:16 PM
Woops. Well even still, that's considerably better than most generations. I mean, here was Gen 1:

Squirtle line
Psyduck line
Poliwag line
Tentacool line
Slowpoke line
Seel line
Shellder line
Krabby line
Horsea line
Goldeen line
Staryu line
Magikarp line
Lapras
Vaporeon
Omanyte line
Kabuto line
---
Only on LUE would people be talking about Captain Planet commandeering the magic school bus- bronzeshadow
There is no cure for cancer- LUE's slogan
#12reaverzPosted 4/7/2013 9:23:08 PM
They actually admitted to holding back on Water Pokemon in Gen V. Such was their reluctance to add Water-types for the Unova region that they ended up having to add Basculin to boost the number a bit.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#13LexifoxPosted 4/7/2013 9:24:42 PM
reaverz posted...
They actually admitted to holding back on Water Pokemon in Gen V. Such was their reluctance to add Water-types for the Unova region that they ended up having to add Basculin to boost the number a bit.

They also changed Stunfisk's typing to prevent another Water Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#14ScottThangPosted 4/7/2013 9:31:04 PM
Lexifox posted...
They also changed Stunfisk's typing to prevent another Water Pokemon.

I imagine that's why the Tynamo line is pure Electric also, when they are eels
---
Only on LUE would people be talking about Captain Planet commandeering the magic school bus- bronzeshadow
There is no cure for cancer- LUE's slogan
#15mnkboy907Posted 4/7/2013 9:34:37 PM
I feel like Gen V was the wrong time to try that. When you aren't including any old Pokemon in a new region, you have to have enough Water types to adequately fill out the water areas. Admittedly Unova didn't have as much water as other regions, but not having a fishing rod and only encountering Basculin, Frillish, and Alomomola is the rivers and ocean is rather underwhelming.

By Gen VI including past Pokemon, it won't run into that problem if it also introduces less new Water types, just like BW2 didn't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/q79lFGT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sYXvrdd.jpg
#16Genericgamer667Posted 4/7/2013 9:36:02 PM
if it was like earth there would be EVEN MORE water types, so be glad its not
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising