This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ive just realized i am not really a pokemon fan any more.

#1imthestuntmanPosted 4/7/2013 10:06:37 PM
The games are fun. Ive enjoyed them that i played.

But frankly ive had to justify the last 2 generations by finding a few pokemon i really liked.

Dont get me wrong, generation 3 was not the best by any means, and i probably liked 4 better, but the game at least felt more innovative to me, introducing cool new thins like the trick house and that kind of thing.

I mean the games are fun but i am just hoping that they decide enough is enough ad instead of focusing on rolling out a new generation of pokemon actually focused on creating a larger world with more innovation and a better story.

I honestly could not care less about the pokemon introduced in generation 6. Maybe they will surprise me and looking at the whole cast i will be able to like the majority of it rather than 2 or 3 of them.

But really i have no plans to buy any more of these games unless the content is good on its own merits. With this series i think they are easily at the point where they can stop having to come up with new pokemon and instead focus on making a high quality game, with the new content being added being more than just new pokemon with slightly different gyms.

To be completely honest i think my biggest problem with the series is not that i dont like the majority of new pokemon to come out in the past 3 generations (maybe a dozen out of my top 50 are post-johto at the most) its that i would be hard pressed to choose whether call of duty or pokemon is coming up with more new stuff that really makes the game better per iteration.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 10:10:33 PM
imthestuntman posted...
The games are fun. Ive enjoyed them that i played.

But frankly ive had to justify the last 2 generations by finding a few pokemon i really liked.

Dont get me wrong, generation 3 was not the best by any means, and i probably liked 4 better, but the game at least felt more innovative to me, introducing cool new thins like the trick house and that kind of thing.

I mean the games are fun but i am just hoping that they decide enough is enough ad instead of focusing on rolling out a new generation of pokemon actually focused on creating a larger world with more innovation and a better story.

I honestly could not care less about the pokemon introduced in generation 6. Maybe they will surprise me and looking at the whole cast i will be able to like the majority of it rather than 2 or 3 of them.

But really i have no plans to buy any more of these games unless the content is good on its own merits. With this series i think they are easily at the point where they can stop having to come up with new pokemon and instead focus on making a high quality game, with the new content being added being more than just new pokemon with slightly different gyms.

To be completely honest i think my biggest problem with the series is not that i dont like the majority of new pokemon to come out in the past 3 generations (maybe a dozen out of my top 50 are post-johto at the most) its that i would be hard pressed to choose whether call of duty or pokemon is coming up with more new stuff that really makes the game better per iteration.

I can't tell if serious.

First bold.: Gen 5 focused on the story,it actually gave quit a bit better than just beating the gym and or fighting a team. (The whole N scenario for instance)

Second, They've added plenty of new content between each gen, even Gen Five which was only lackluster in the battle mechanics (adding no new traditional standard mechanics for 1V1/6 V 6: Not taking into account rotation battle/etc.)

Third:

If you have to enjoy a majority of the games you're doing it wrong. I don't like a majority of the new Pokemon, not because of design, but because other Pokemon interest me, you don't need to have all the Pokemon interest you, and if you're saying Gen 1 and 2 interested you overly and were promising in any way, I say take off the nostalgia glasses.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3DonniedonzPosted 4/7/2013 10:11:14 PM
Cool story, bro.
---
Well, well, well... What do we have here?
#4AlI_About_The_UPosted 4/7/2013 10:15:57 PM
I haz the sadz.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#5FuneralCakePosted 4/7/2013 10:17:10 PM
It's okay, TC. You're just one of "those people" who let their nostalgia get in the way. You don't have to like these games. Go on with your life. Find something else you like. There are a lot of things out there in the world.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#6imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:17:49 PM
Whether or not a story is good is subjective. I would argue though that for the number of sales that the game gets, and the genre it is in it is a terrible story. I expect an rpg with that number of sales to have a story that is somewhat decent.

And no, nostalgia glasses are not on. I actually liked the vast majority of pokemon in generations 1 and 2 and starting with gen 3 this number dropped. Does this mean that i loved every pokemon in 1 and 2? By no means, but if i was grading every pokemon, the ones from those 2 generations would have a substantially higher average score. Does this mean i hated all the newer pokemon? No. I liked several quite a lot. Exploud, weaville, and sawsbuck are all pokemon that i love that are post gen 1.
---
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 10:18:24 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It's okay, TC. You're just one of "those people" who let their nostalgia get in the way. You don't have to like these games. Go on with your life. Find something else you like. There are a lot of things out there in the world.

I agree with this fully.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8moneyman82Posted 4/7/2013 10:21:33 PM
FuneralCake posted...

---
''If what moneyman said wasn't true, and easily verified by anyone with access to a search engine, I would definitely agree with you. But it is, so I don't.''
#9Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 10:27:25 PM(edited)
imthestuntman posted...
Whether or not a story is good is subjective. I would argue though that for the number of sales that the game gets, and the genre it is in it is a terrible story. I expect an rpg with that number of sales to have a story that is somewhat decent.

And no, nostalgia glasses are not on. I actually liked the vast majority of pokemon in generations 1 and 2 and starting with gen 3 this number dropped. Does this mean that i loved every pokemon in 1 and 2? By no means, but if i was grading every pokemon, the ones from those 2 generations would have a substantially higher average score. Does this mean i hated all the newer pokemon? No. I liked several quite a lot. Exploud, weaville, and sawsbuck are all pokemon that i love that are post gen 1.

It doesn't matter if you consider it good, you asked for improvement. Which is factual they improved upon the base story. Your opinion doesn't matter on what you asked for which they've provided.

Period.

Yes, they are on.

Gen 1 and 2 were filled with terrible Pokemon. Voltorb line, Doduo Line, Magnemite Line, Diglett Line, I could go on forever baby.

To think there are far more worse pokemon in recent gens in comparison to gen 1 and 2 is laughable at best. You've already shown you're full of nostalgia. Don't lie. No one is convinced otherwise.

Edit:
On story being improved further, this is open ended gameplay, that'd be quite hard without restricting which Pokemon you can recieve and the like. That's because it's a breeder RPG. They just aren't meant for stories, see: Azure dreams, DQM, and more.
---
#10imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:26:48 PM
So nostalgia is the reason why i dont like the story in any pokemon games, would like them to focus on a better one, and would like them to make adding a lot of quality content to the games, rather than adding filler content, and a cast of new pokemon a high priority.

Make a good story, add quality content. Any other series this would be considered about par for the course in what a fan could ask for.

Yes, obviously i liked the older generations more. I honestly do not care what your opinion on the reason is for this. You can say i have nostalgia glasses and i can say you are just mindlessly willing to pat gamefreak on the back for coming out with new pokemon regardless of their merits. Neither of these things are likely completely true, though both likely have at least some merit to them.

Either way it is irrelevant to them making a better story with better content.
---