This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ive just realized i am not really a pokemon fan any more.

#11Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 11:28:59 PM
imthestuntman posted...
So nostalgia is the reason why i dont like the story in any pokemon games, would like them to focus on a better one, and would like them to make adding a lot of quality content to the games, rather than adding filler content, and a cast of new pokemon a high priority.

Make a good story, add quality content. Any other series this would be considered about par for the course in what a fan could ask for.

Yes, obviously i liked the older generations more. I honestly do not care what your opinion on the reason is for this. You can say i have nostalgia glasses and i can say you are just mindlessly willing to pat gamefreak on the back for coming out with new pokemon regardless of their merits. Neither of these things are likely completely true, though both likely have at least some merit to them.

Either way it is irrelevant to them making a better story with better content.

Guess what bro, you've admitted you've got nostaliga glasses on. Nice way to prove me right.

On that note, did I say I prefer Gen 3 + past Gen 1 or 2? (aside from competitive which they are certainly better in every regard.)

? No.

So nice way to make an argument I never stated. Thanks for playing (and losing)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#12FuneralCakePosted 4/7/2013 11:29:41 PM
Maybe your problem is that your expect this to be some epic, deep RPG, when that's not what Pokemon is. Pokemon is a monster battling game. The focus is on the battling, not the story.

Would it be nice for it to have a better story? Sure. Is it supposed to have a great story? No. It's like criticizing Super Mario Galaxy for having a bad story.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven
#13Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 11:31:10 PM
Oh and in that regard, they certainly do add quality content, whether it be adding the weather system (gen II) to abilities (Gen III), to adding infinite TM usage (Gen V) or any of the other misc. mechanics added or introduced.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#14person_pitchPosted 4/7/2013 11:37:22 PM
Thank goodness, I thought you were going to say you'd turned into a ceiling fan.
#15AlbinoCrocodilePosted 4/7/2013 11:41:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Maybe your problem is that your expect this to be some epic, deep RPG, when that's not what Pokemon is. Pokemon is a monster battling game. The focus is on the battling, not the story.

Would it be nice for it to have a better story? Sure. Is it supposed to have a great story? No. It's like criticizing Super Mario Galaxy for having a bad story.

To be fair, Rosalina's story is sad.

Anyways, Pokemon is fine, if Gen V was Gen I you'd still see this stuff today.

And some kids will grow up to be like our current Genwunners, except they'll call gens IX/X crap and praise V/VI.
---
Miss Albino at your service...
Not really.
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 11:45:33 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
FuneralCake posted...

To be fair, Rosalina's story is sad.

Anyways, Pokemon is fine, if Gen V was Gen I you'd still see this stuff today.

And some kids will grow up to be like our current Genwunners, except they'll call gens IX/X crap and praise V/VI.

Adding emotions into a story doesn't make it good though. Great game, but some people are going to have to learn sooner or later, some games aren't based on story:

Monster breeders:

Monster Rancher, Digimon (2/3), Azure Dreams, DQM, and more aren't there for story, the focus is on the creatures. If you force yourself to hate future groups why even play it?

Some people let nostalgia kill something for them, others just adapt and change. No difference in this topic or anywhere else online. For instance, I hated Gen III, still didn't stop me from buying them, staying with the series, and or, hoping they get a remake so that I may gain a better perspective. (with improvements my opinion on RSE may change)
---
#17imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 11:46:55 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Oh and in that regard, they certainly do add quality content, whether it be adding the weather system (gen II) to abilities (Gen III), to adding infinite TM usage (Gen V) or any of the other misc. mechanics added or introduced.

None of this is quality content. This is what i am talking about when i say call of duty advances at as fast of a rate as this. We have slightly changing weather now! You no longer have to waste hours just to get money to rebuy something! Wow wee that changes everything! Or nothing. Miscellaneous mechanics are not content. They are natural advances any game has. I consider content to be new things to do. And playing this game slightly altered version of the always dull battle frontier or whatever they rename it is not new.

And this topic was never about whether or not my opinion is subjective or not. Because it is. Just like everyone in the world. Even a child can comprehend that. I hoenstly dont give a damn if some idiot on the internet thinks i like pokemon because i liked them when i was a kid. And yes you have clearly demonstrated stupidity in this topic by repeatedly ignoring the point of this topic to do little more than try and turn this into yet another topic of all the regular users on a pokemon board collectively insulting someone for liking older pokemon better.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#18UmitenchoPosted 4/7/2013 11:50:34 PM
Just want to say that, this is why we have spin off pokemon games. Stick to the main franchise stuff if the formula doesn't bore you an branch out to the other stuff if you want something fresh compared to the main series. Or or or, you could just stop playing games from the franchise completely.
#19Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 11:52:12 PM
imthestuntman posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

None of this is quality content. This is what i am talking about when i say call of duty advances at as fast of a rate as this. We have slightly changing weather now! You no longer have to waste hours just to get money to rebuy something! Wow wee that changes everything! Or nothing. Miscellaneous mechanics are not content. They are natural advances any game has. I consider content to be new things to do. And playing this game slightly altered version of the always dull battle frontier or whatever they rename it is not new.

And this topic was never about whether or not my opinion is subjective or not. Because it is. Just like everyone in the world. Even a child can comprehend that. I hoenstly dont give a damn if some idiot on the internet thinks i like pokemon because i liked them when i was a kid. And yes you have clearly demonstrated stupidity in this topic by repeatedly ignoring the point of this topic to do little more than try and turn this into yet another topic of all the regular users on a pokemon board collectively insulting someone for liking older pokemon better.

You are proving how ignorant you are. Should have stopped while you were ahead.

1. These mechanics are far different than any of the same games from the same genre or type : Monster breeder.

That means they are NOT natural evolution. IE: Infinite TMS, most games have simple buy skill, and dispense options. No reuse, or for instance, weather, lol. Good luck telling me another Breeder RPG, or hell, just a general RPG that makes use of the weather as well as Pokemon does. That was just a simple mechanics statement.

Second, mechanics make up the full product, that makes it content or part of the game, as you make use of those mechanics frequently.

Your CoD comparison is idiotic also. CoD takes two steps forward and a lot back. (IE: Terrible net code, misbalances in regards to previous games, and more.) barely adding anything that is actually new. Pokemon actually makes use of options that were originally never there.

Gen II from Gen I was a huge advanacement. Although it was far bigger than Gen II to III or III to IV, it was still quite a few major changes in not only how the game was played but how you view the game.

If you can't see that MOVE ON WITH YOUR GOD DAMN PATHETIC LIFE. Like three to four people have advised.

What do you want a bunch of pity from us? Do you want attention? lol, you wish.
---
#20JagusPosted 4/7/2013 11:52:24 PM
I like how people are accusing TC of having nostalgia glasses simply because they can't argue with him.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge