This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ive just realized i am not really a pokemon fan any more.

#21Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/7/2013 11:54:34 PM
Jagus posted...
I like how people are accusing TC of having nostalgia glasses simply because they can't argue with him.

I like how people already disproved TCs statements and all he can fight with is, nu-uh opinion statement without using any facts, contrary to what other users are using.

Nice try Jagus, you failed.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#22JagusPosted 4/8/2013 1:33:43 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Jagus posted...
I like how people are accusing TC of having nostalgia glasses simply because they can't argue with him.

I like how people already disproved TCs statements and all he can fight with is, nu-uh opinion statement without using any facts, contrary to what other users are using.

No you didn't. His rebuttals are perfectly valid. You're using stupid arguments like "the Voltorb and Onix line suck lmao" and "JRPG style stories are better than what we had before" and "take of the nostalgia glasses" all the while pushing superficial improvements like "infinite TMs." It's like you haven't even read the TC's arguments.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#23arvilinoPosted 4/8/2013 2:10:00 AM(edited)
Jagus posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Jagus posted...

No you didn't. His rebuttals are perfectly valid. You're using stupid arguments like "the Voltorb and Onix line suck lmao" and "JRPG style stories are better than what we had before" and "take of the nostalgia glasses" all the while pushing superficial improvements like "infinite TMs." It's like you haven't even read the TC's arguments.

The TC's arguments aren't really that great. They amount to "they could make it better" and adding "quality content", you could say that of any franchise ever and it'd still be true.

Also how will the changes he wants affect the game. Sure improving the story and expanding the world looks good on paper(and it's the laziest argument you could make because it'd apply to any game) but will making an expansive story still allow the game to retain its appeal as a game that anyone can play,

"Actually focused on creating a larger world" Would expanding the world not just confuse younger players? In an Iwata asks interview, Masuda even said Pokémon black/white was made more linear simply because Diamond and Pearl more open/non-linear structure actually resulted in a common complaint being that some children weren't able to complete the the games.

TC's arguments are things that'd make him enjoy the game but really they're mutually exclusive with what other players of the game would actually want, whereas even if it's a much less grander change unlimited TMs is something that everyone is going to like.
#24HenryKazukaPosted 4/8/2013 2:19:32 AM
Read the pokemon manga, that's how the story is supposed to be.
---
Persona! *blows his head off*
#25SerperiorThanUPosted 4/8/2013 2:19:48 AM
Jagus posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Jagus posted...

TC's "arguments" are that he personally believes that there could be "better quality" and that he personally "doesn't like the new Pokemon". Those aren't valid rebuttals. Those are opinions and it's quite obvious it's been twisted by nostalgia. Also Infinite TMs ARE improvements.