This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if the new Mewtwo is actually a female counterpart??

#1darkflame_fenixPosted 4/8/2013 9:42:51 AM
Maybe it's just me , but the new Mewtwo looks rather feminine in design. The "ponytail", the more slender body type, the "hair piece". I think they may be going in the latios-latias direction.

Thoughts?
---
--- Pokemon Black 2881 7554 3473 , black2 4900 4104 1713
PSN - DarkFlameFenix
#2Wynters387Posted 4/8/2013 9:44:29 AM
I had that theory too. Would interesting. Breed her with mew two and get a mew .
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#3Immortal_Chaos7Posted 4/8/2013 9:46:08 AM
IMHO this is stupid because mewtwo and mew are both genderless in the first place
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#4BikdipOnABusPosted 4/8/2013 9:46:11 AM
Except that Mewtwo is genderless. Yes, it has a male voice in the anime, but that doesn't mean anything. And I don't think they're going to retcon that.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/8/2013 9:48:02 AM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
IMHO this is stupid because mewtwo and mew are both genderless in the first place

Mew in games gave birth and it is genderless.

The reason it did, is because the Legendaries (non-gender) Pokemon take on traits to suit a masculine (male) or feminine (female) personality. Regardless if they have no gender.

However, I don't think they'll give Mewtwo or this form a gender.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#6CharocksPosted 4/8/2013 9:48:26 AM
How about it's a "failed" clone of Mew? After Mewtwo went on his rampage, TR put it in cryo to study and they unleash it in desperation against the Genesect squad?
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/8/2013 9:49:34 AM
Charocks posted...
How about it's a "failed" clone of Mew? After Mewtwo went on his rampage, TR put it in cryo to study and they unleash it in desperation against the Genesect squad?

That'd only work in the anime.

Team Rocket did not create Mewtwo in the games. The only ones really hinted aside from Cinnabar scientists is Blaine himself. (with some hints at Mr Fuji as well but not literally stated)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8CrystalKing5426Posted 4/8/2013 9:49:46 AM
Charocks posted...
How about it's a "failed" clone of Mew? After Mewtwo went on his rampage, TRput it in cryo to study and they unleash it in desperation against the Genesect squad?

TR has zero affiliation with Mewtwo in any canon source. Stop thinking the anime is canon.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg
#9Immortal_Chaos7Posted 4/8/2013 9:51:40 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Mew in games gave birth and it is genderless.

The reason it did, is because the Legendaries (non-gender) Pokemon take on traits to suit a masculine (male) or feminine (female) personality. Regardless if they have no gender.

However, I don't think they'll give Mewtwo or this form a gender.

Every time I saw the the statement "mew gave birth" i always took this as a figurative term
---
Pokemon Diamond-Name:Jack / FC:0043-9308-0032
#10darkflame_fenix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 9:53:11 AM

And before gen 2 the magnetite line was electric only. However game freak decided the wanted to implement something new, so they did.

As much as we all like to pretend, nothing is concrete. They can impliment a new discovery to justify whatever change they wish to make.
---
--- Pokemon Black 2881 7554 3473 , black2 4900 4104 1713
PSN - DarkFlameFenix