This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if the new Mewtwo is actually a female counterpart??

#11Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/8/2013 9:53:50 AM
Immortal_Chaos7 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
IMHO this is stupid because mewtwo and mew are both genderless in the first place

Mew in games gave birth and it is genderless.

The reason it did, is because the Legendaries (non-gender) Pokemon take on traits to suit a masculine (male) or feminine (female) personality. Regardless if they have no gender.

However, I don't think they'll give Mewtwo or this form a gender.

Every time I saw the the statement "mew gave birth" i always took this as a figurative term

It was literal in the games. Just like the gender thing I mentioned, the Pokemon take on genders based on traits they have or act towards.

So for instance, if Mewtwo in the anime wanted to it could appear more like a female if it decided to take on said traits.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#12Katharina27Posted 4/8/2013 9:54:37 AM
He might not need to breed but he was always very lonely. Having an equal who he can talk genetics with might mellow him out.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#13Skull_proPosted 4/8/2013 10:21:30 AM
Wait TC... Mewtwo had a male counterpart?
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#14Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/8/2013 10:23:15 AM
Skull_pro posted...
Wait TC... Mewtwo had a male counterpart?

Mewtwo in and of itself is more masculine. (Trait wise) being non-gender doesn't mean anything in Pokemon which has been shown again and again.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#15AlbinoCrocodilePosted 4/8/2013 10:25:16 AM
Pretty sure it was said somewhere in the games/series that they're termed genderless because no sane person can get close enough to observe their gender.
---
Miss Albino at your service...
Not really.
#16darkflame_fenix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:26:56 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
Pretty sure it was said somewhere in the games/series that they're termed genderless because no sane person can get close enough to observe their gender.

This
---
--- Pokemon Black 2881 7554 3473 , black2 4900 4104 1713
PSN - DarkFlameFenix
#17Reborn_SigmaPosted 4/8/2013 1:13:38 PM
Every time I saw the the statement "mew gave birth" i always took this as a figurative term

People have combed the original Japanese text, and it indisputably means birth in the biological sense.

Which is unsurprising: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dolly_clone.svg