This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you guys look at the full list of new Pokemon when available?

#1JiriliciousPosted 4/8/2013 9:44:40 AM
Part of me wants to look at all the new Pokemon as soon as I can, but another part of me wants to avoid seeing them as best as I can so when I encounter them in the wild for the first time, it'll be the same unique feeling I had as a kid with Gen I and II when I seen those Pokemon for the first time.

What are you guys gonna do?
---
Black 2 FC: Krystal - 4427 9698 9639
#2Archwing3441Posted 4/8/2013 9:46:56 AM
I like it being a surprise. Then, when I face the pokemon for the first time, i like trying to figure out the weakness (or be shocked when it doesn't work.).
Hey, a toad, it must be weak to electric attack!
Zebstrika use shockwave.
Did not work.
Palpitoad used mud shot
Zebstrika fainted...

yea, fun first experiences :3
Let's not even get started with Scraggy...
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/8/2013 9:47:20 AM
View them. Just because you know a design of a Pokemon, doesn't mean you know everything about said Pokemon.What I mean is the sense of wonderment will still be there. Seeing the design really wont change that.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4CarbideTitanPosted 4/8/2013 9:48:10 AM
Archwing3441 posted...
I like it being a surprise. Then, when I face the pokemon for the first time, i like trying to figure out the weakness (or be shocked when it doesn't work.).
Hey, a toad, it must be weak to electric attack!
Zebstrika use shockwave.
Did not work.
Palpitoad used mud shot
Zebstrika fainted...

yea, fun first experiences :3
Let's not even get started with Scraggy...

You pull out your pokedex that gives you a complete detailed description of the pokemon
---
Is this a safe place? Because I thought this was a safe place.
#5SlimeStackPosted 4/8/2013 9:48:21 AM
I'll definitely look at the list just to see them and use them. But with the simultaneous worldwide release we'll probably all be playing the games before stats and movelists can even be documented.
---
Moo
#6Jrx1Posted 4/8/2013 9:48:30 AM
Look at it to snag usernames on websites. I probably would be late by then though T_T
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#7nro87Posted 4/8/2013 9:49:21 AM
Yes. Every generation except Gen 1, I have known all the Pokémon available ahead of time. I like to see the list so I can see version exclusives and legendary move lists. One of the reasons I was so pissed at Gen 2 was because I saw all this stuff about Hoothoot, Sentret, and Spinarak and then on the first few routes, I find Pidgey, Rattata, and Caterpie. I was very annoyed.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#8XazealPosted 4/8/2013 9:50:00 AM
Depends on how close it is to release.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#9soMEguy_povoPosted 4/8/2013 12:57:54 PM
I'd like to go into it knowing as little about the new Pokemon as possible, but I'd really love to see a list of which previous gen Pokemon were exclusive to which version ahead of time.
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/8/2013 12:59:20 PM
No. One of the reasons I enjoyed HG (my first Pokemon game) so much was all the surprise. I enjoyed Black a lot less because I spoiled everything.

But with the worldwide release, I think I'll be less tempted anyways, since there will be less info.

But no matter what, I'm not spoiling the majority of the pokemon.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.